Considering a career at Spirit

Subscribe
41  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54 
Page 51 of 54
Go to
Quote: The owners got real conservative real fast when the margin calls came in after the collapse. We had owners parking Citations and Falcons and using First Class Big 3 on transcons and Allegiant/Southwest on shorter hops if there was a direct. It wasn't uncommon for us to meet an owner at a bigger airport and then hop them to Nowhereville.
True story. Happened with us too. And a lot of owners who were using large cabin aircraft suddenly decided they wouldn’t mind one stop transcons in the small cabin fleets.
Deadheading back to base on a reserve assignment is kind of a hidden gem. We have so few flights per day between stations that oftentimes they have to give you a long overnight and deadhead you back during your last day RAP so you wind up getting home quite a bit earlier by dropping the DH and jumpseating back.
Quote: Deadheading back to base on a reserve assignment is kind of a hidden gem. We have so few flights per day between stations that oftentimes they have to give you a long overnight and deadhead you back during your last day RAP so you wind up getting home quite a bit earlier by dropping the DH and jumpseating back.
What you just mentioned is a, LAS-IAH or DFW 1AM departure with 24+ hrs layover and DH back to LAS. It ended up being 30 hrs credit on the X list. Those are the types of calls some of the Vegas crew was getting in June
Quote:
Are the seats that bad? Honestly, I fell that other legacy carriers have seats as bad or worse than ours. Our 320s or AA’s? I’d rather sit on us.
For sure. There’s very little difference in product once you get past the first class cabin. Only on Spirit you aren’t sitting amongst a bunch of pretentious ‘I should have upgraded’ road warriors who fly twice a year to grandmas.
Quote: Curious how prevalent is deadheading while working at Spirit?
Hardly?
A couple times a month?
Every 4 day?

Are the seats that bad?
My experience has been that as a RSV pilot
you will deadhead as many legs as you operate. Some guys love deadheading and some loathe the experience.
Quote: My experience has been that as a RSV pilot
you will deadhead as many legs as you operate. Some guys love deadheading and some loathe the experience.
Been on rsv for the last year, had maybe 4 or 5 deadheads. So YMMV. Good buddy of mine has had about as many deadheads as operating legs.
Hey, at least it all pays the same
Quote: For sure. There’s very little difference in product once you get past the first class cabin. Only on Spirit you aren’t sitting amongst a bunch of pretentious ‘I should have upgraded’ road warriors who fly twice a year to grandmas.
I was on a delta new 321 last week and it blew our planes away. We have a real problem with cleanliness. Our planes aren’t cleaned as well or refreshed as often. They get worn and gross much quicker as well. I never see carpets on other airlines that look like ours. I also never see lavs like ours. How many toilet seats have you seen that are cracked and chipping paint and the plane just came out of a big check. These things just wont get fixed without writing them up. How about the inside of the toilet right after the cleaners have come. I never see that nastiness on other airlines. Our dedication to cabin appearance is zero. Some of it we can control as pilots
Quote: I was on a delta new 321 last week and it blew our planes away. We have a real problem with cleanliness. Our planes aren’t cleaned as well or refreshed as often. They get worn and gross much quicker as well. I never see carpets on other airlines that look like ours. I also never see lavs like ours. How many toilet seats have you seen that are cracked and chipping paint and the plane just came out of a big check. These things just wont get fixed without writing them up. How about the inside of the toilet right after the cleaners have come. I never see that nastiness on other airlines. Our dedication to cabin appearance is zero. Some of it we can control as pilots
Guess you haven’t flown on American...
Quote: Guess you haven’t flown on American...
I have and their 737s are torcher. It’s been a while but I didn’t notice them being overtly gross though. Haven’t been on a bus
41  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54 
Page 51 of 54
Go to