United Airlines September Job Fair

Subscribe
8  48  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  68  108 
Page 58 of 111
Go to
So I had a different experience, I talked about why United, said typical reasons for about 30 seconds, about 5 minutes as to how I got where I am, then I spoke about 20 minutes about my volunteer work, it was a organization near and dear to the recruiter. We had a great conversation, jokes etc...I didn’t get anything yet despite thinking it went really well.

General consensus why United and tel me about yourself to date.
Quote: So I had a different experience, I talked about why United, said typical reasons for about 30 seconds, about 5 minutes as to how I got where I am, then I spoke about 20 minutes about my volunteer work, it was a organization near and dear to the recruiter. We had a great conversation, jokes etc...I didn’t get anything yet despite thinking it went really well.

General consensus why United and tel me about yourself to date.
That sounds very positive. Mine lasted 13 minutes. I left with a positive impression but then again one never knows.
Quote: That sounds very positive. Mine lasted 13 minutes. I left with a positive impression but then again one never knows.
Yea, def felt that way, that’s why I’m so baffled ha
Quote: Yea, def felt that way, that’s why I’m so baffled ha
Again they said invites would be going out for Q1 2019 so at the very least I'd expect more to flow into Jan / Feb. Remember not every one is active on these forums or feels comfortable sharing their own invites etc, so may be more going out that we are unaware of.
September me- checks email obsessively, at least once an hour, frequently more. November me- meh, once a week should do it.
Random question-
Did any 135 guys get invited this event?
Quote: Random question-
Did any 135 guys get invited this event?
Yes they did.
Quote: Yes they did.
So tell me, how does a 5200 hour TT regional Captain and LCA who actually had a file number with UAL for 15 years get an invite?
Quote: So tell me, how does a 5200 hour TT regional Captain and LCA who actually had a file number with UAL for 15 years get an invite?

I assume this is a rhetorical question. Otherwise the answer is a fair amount of networking, a decent resume, and a little bit of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: I assume this is a rhetorical question. Otherwise the answer is a fair amount of networking, a decent resume, and a little bit of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, but here's how:

Go back to getting a job as a CFI, hang around Goodyear, AZ for a spell and make sure to volunteer at some worthwhile charity to headline on your resume.

Most qualified indeed.

Our hiring practices have gone straight to hell.
8  48  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  68  108 
Page 58 of 111
Go to