Atlas Air Fleet Type differences

Subscribe
2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  16  56 
Page 6 of 69
Go to
Quote: I think our dreams of a base transfer will be crushed by this upcoming bid
Open HSV again and I will make a smoking hole big enuff for the lot of you in ORD. Ain’t bad, it’s just not as convenient, chill or crackalacking as HSV for mwa!
Dream-smashers need not apply.
Quote: Open HSV again and I will make a smoking hole big enuff for the lot of you in ORD. Ain’t bad, it’s just not as convenient, chill or crackalacking as HSV for mwa!
Dream-smashers need not apply.

I would love for HSV to reopen. I could drive to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: I would love for HSV to reopen. I could drive to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup, it was great driving and the flying as well as the variety of trips were exceptional from my standpoint. Not a Taco Run guy, but a smattering of Europe, Middle East and Asia kept it interesting.
Aus Schedule
Does anyone know how may times per week Atlas goes to Australia, if its always the 747 and if the trips are in demand, or easy to bid for?
Quote: Does anyone know how may times per week Atlas goes to Australia, if its always the 747 and if the trips are in demand, or easy to bid for?
Trips were senior, then became junior due to the idiocy down under, but increased pay opportunities might have encouraged a few senior types back in the mix. Predominantly 74 territory but the 76 did venture below, but someone else can verify. Normally I did one trip a month within a pattern (17 days), but did two every once so often just for the hours. Did it 3 times once, but it was for a sick/fatigued crew member and I just happened to be loitering if you will in Hawaii. Unsure how many a week on either type.
Atlas has two -8s on contract with Qantas. Their schedule is to two loops around the the Pacific each week so four flights a week through ORD. Planes get a bit delayed and eventually run up against the SYD curfew and everything gets pushed back.
Thx TwinW for the specifics. I remember some 76 runs before the viral debacle or thereabouts, but I haven’t bid down there as the debacle was coming online. I do recall the switch from 400s to the -8 now. Thx again.
(Assuming being able to choose the equipment) What would be the best fleet to be on for overnights in the UK?
Quote: (Assuming being able to choose the equipment) What would be the best fleet to be on for overnights in the UK?
I think 767 is your only choice as of now but that is subject to change at any moment at the whims of the CMI/ACMI customers
How hard is it to get based in Mem?
2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  16  56 
Page 6 of 69
Go to