USAPA Uniform Survey

Subscribe
4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 
Page 8 of 11
Go to
Quote: If you are waiting for the Virgin look I think you picked the wrong airline. I surely hope so.
Amen brother.
Quote: Yeah! If we're all going to be Sky-NAAzis, let's look the part!

I do like the current leather jacket, even though I don't own one. And I have heard from a few random passengers, they like the look. It's aviation classic. Nothing wrong with avoiding the Ralph Cramden bus driver look.

That was exactly the laugh I needed today. I would absolutely wear that hahahaha.
Multiple sources tell me that the uniform has already been decided. Double breasted navy blue with hats mandatory. We'll see.
I heard the same and no leather jackets. Rumor only.
CG
Ditto, heard the same. Wasn't told what color but that it was dark. Mandatory hats and adios to the leather.
Quote: TO be honest the whole blazer with stripes thing is outdated to me. We're not navy ship captains.

I like what Virgin America has done with uniforms. It would be nice we could lose the tie like they have.
What a joke. Every time I see a VA crew with no tie, I throw up in my mouth.

Would it be nice to not wear a tie? Sure, why can't I wear flip flops and shorts. Because we are professional pilots, damnit. And if you want to be treated like a professional, you better start looking and acting like one.

As for you, I think VA is going to be hiring still, why don't you do us a favor and apply?
Quote: Multiple sources tell me that the uniform has already been decided. Double breasted navy blue with hats mandatory. We'll see.
DOUBLE BREASTED? Let's just go for it then with a full-on British Admiral's uniform. We could have big medals and sashes - you get a medal for a single-engine landing, another for going a year without calling in sick, etc.

Come on, there's got to be a happy middle ground somewhere. Like, what we already have?

I'd not mind a slightly different color scheme... in fact, I think it would bring us all together, rather than adopting either US or AA uniforms as they are now, which would cause one group to feel "acquired."
Quote: What a joke. Every time I see a VA crew with no tie, I throw up in my mouth.

Would it be nice to not wear a tie? Sure, why can't I wear flip flops and shorts. Because we are professional pilots, damnit. And if you want to be treated like a professional, you better start looking and acting like one.

As for you, I think VA is going to be hiring still, why don't you do us a favor and apply?
Very well put!
It's nice to know we still have pilots who have respect for our profession.
I've been told that our APA uniform chairman is quite passionate about how a global carriers' pilots should look and it ain't the look of a blackjack dealer.
Quote: Ditto, heard the same. Wasn't told what color but that it was dark. Mandatory hats and adios to the leather.
As much as I hate to not have options, if this is what it takes to clean up some of these guys out there i'm for it. Recently flew with a guy that wore a brown leather jacket, black cardigan sweater and no tie. But the best part is he still wore his captain hat. It was pretty amazing.
Quote: As much as I hate to not have options, if this is what it takes to clean up some of these guys out there i'm for it. Recently flew with a guy that wore a brown leather jacket, black cardigan sweater and no tie. But the best part is he still wore his captain hat. It was pretty amazing.
Guys that want to be slobs will always find a way. Making more things mandatory will just make them ignore more things.
4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 
Page 8 of 11
Go to