Best / worst of American’s pilot contract?

Subscribe
5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  19 
Page 9 of 33
Go to
Quote: Do AA pilots ever get OBR (i.e. repositioned out of base to sit reserve out of domicile)? What about ready reserve? Are those just regionalisms?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No. No. Maybe? I think UAL has some sort of airport standby.

There’s always the chance of TDY, where X numbers of a certain category will be assigned to a different domicile for a month. There are pros and cons to TDY. It seems to go senior.
Quote: Do AA pilots ever get OBR (i.e. repositioned out of base to sit reserve out of domicile)? What about ready reserve? Are those just regionalisms?

No ready reserve. Just short call or long call.
Not having a contractual timeline on vacancy awards.
Quote: Not having a contractual timeline on vacancy awards.
Word!.....
Quote: Not having a contractual timeline on vacancy awards.

Hey Al can you elaborate? What does that mean for the uninitiated? Can management run a displacement bid and wait to publish the results indefinitely?

Quote: Hey Al can you elaborate? What does that mean for the uninitiated? Can management run a displacement bid and wait to publish the results indefinitely?

It isn’t an eternity.

...just feels like it.
The only requirement for vacancy bids is that there are 3 a year. Beyond that it’s all gray, including methodology or requirements of an accurate posting of positions available. ALWAYS bid what you want. Regardless of what the posting says. No percentage bidding adds to the aggravation

100+ CLT FOs are standing reserve in NYC in May, i believe. Positive space ticket to the area, and company-paid hotel either by the airport or downtown (pilot's choice) on reserve days. Not sure how often this happens.

just to reiterate what others have said, we do have month to month TDYs, or temporary duty assignments(if you are the junior man in your base you could be temporarily assigned a different domicile if there aren’t enough volunteers) but AA has NO READY RESERVE. Meaning you will never be assigned to sit reserve AT the airport. To my knowledge only UAL out of the Big 3 has this sort of reserve assignment. To answer your question that is a very regionalism thing and not welcomed here! Haha.
Quote: 100+ CLT FOs are standing reserve in NYC in May, i believe.
Wrong. Not even close.

Do you work for AA?
5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  19 
Page 9 of 33
Go to