CASW: Central Air Southwest

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 7
Go to
does anyone know anything about central air southwest?
-hiring...? that sort of thing..?
Central Air Southwest - Employment
Quote: does anyone know anything about central air southwest?
-hiring...? that sort of thing..?
I worked there for almost two years and just recently left. Great place to work in my opinion. Management is very hands off and not once in two years did I ever feel pressured to fly. Airframes are old but well maintained. All aircraft are equipped with Garmin 396's with XM radar which is a real life saver when operating during the summer in the midwest. Also, all aircraft equipped with TKS glycol system certified for known icing. It works really well I might add. Pay is average for a piston twin, but real nice people to work for. I left for a turbine twin job, otherwise I would still be there. Good way to build time. I logged just under 2200 hours in 22 months. The guy you want to talk to is Andrew Towner the Chief Pilot, [email protected]

Not sure if they are hiring, but give it a shot. If you have any questions, just let me know.

Good luck!

Johnnysnow
I notice that they have an "SIC" program - is that one of those hated Pay for Training programs or was it like what AirNet where you get paid (very little but enough) to build hours until you can sit left 135?
Looks like a good gig. The pay seems little low. Planes look good. Not a bad way to build time.
How many hours can one expect to fly on avg/month?
Johnnysnow-
I've got a old friend that works up in the MI. says its a good place. thanks for the info!

bottom
Quote: I notice that they have an "SIC" program - is that one of those hated Pay for Training programs or was it like what AirNet where you get paid (very little but enough) to build hours until you can sit left 135?
Their right seat program is pay to play. The mentioned the off chance of getting paid on some charter flights,
but if its cargo, you make nada.
Quote: Looks like a good gig. The pay seems little low. Planes look good. Not a bad way to build time.
How many hours can one expect to fly on avg/month?
Depends on the route. As little as 2 and as much as 5 hours a night.
Quote: Their right seat program is pay to play. The mentioned the off chance of getting paid on some charter flights,
but if its cargo, you make nada.
Last time I talked to the Chief Pilot, he said they were phasing out the SIC program. No new SIC's. SIC's on the charters do get paid.
Just curious if you have any jumpseat agreements?
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 7
Go to