Needed: 500,000 Pilots 7/13/2012

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 7
Go to
Here we go again, another mainstream media story (NBC Nightly News) about how we will not only have a shortage of pilots overseas but here in America. I couldn't help but laugh.

You'll have to watch the broadcast by Brian Williams.

Nightly News Mainpage:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032619/

Video:
http://once.unicornmedia.com/now/od/auto/3aaae01e-e0f4-439d-aa7a-8d5e3e774105/db6630fb-4bb5-45b9-ba6e-04014bcf7f30/nn_06tco_pilots_120713/nn_06tco_pilots_120713.once?UMADPARAMsite=17258&UM ADPARAMzone=53171
You can't deny that all the stars do seem to be aligning... there might just be potential for a problem in the future. A growing market, a shrinking pool of pilots to pull from, an aging pilot demographic...

Do you have any arguments against these facts?
Quote: You can't deny that all the stars do seem to be aligning... there might just be potential for a problem in the future. A growing market, a shrinking pool of pilots to pull from, an aging pilot demographic...

Yeah, unmanned aerial vehicles.
Here is a very similar story that I read today online at foxnews about a pilot shortage and safety concerns. Rising demand for airline pilots raises safety concerns | Fox News
Quote: Yeah, unmanned aerial vehicles.
It will be a L O N G T I M E before the paying public flies on anything that doesn't have a warm body sitting up in the front office.
Food for thought.
Quote: It will be a L O N G T I M E before the paying public flies on anything that doesn't have a warm body sitting up in the front office.
How well would this have gone had it been unmanned ?

Ally
Quote: It will be a L O N G T I M E before the paying public flies on anything that doesn't have a warm body sitting up in the front office.
Some operators round the world wouyld be better off without pilots in the front office.
Quote: You can't deny that all the stars do seem to be aligning... there might just be potential for a problem in the future. A growing market, a shrinking pool of pilots to pull from, an aging pilot demographic...

Oh boy, they hooked yet another one. I disagree with these so-called "facts". Legacies will shrink. Face it, that 150k education that you got at riddle or dca is gonna bear fruit as a regional captain at best. Btw, how can anyone even understand bryan williams with his deviated septum.....argh.
I found a different version on the google news page that stated 500,000 globally from what i can remember.
Quote: Oh boy, they hooked yet another one. I disagree with these so-called "facts". Legacies will shrink. Face it, that 150k education that you got at riddle or dca is gonna bear fruit as a regional captain at best. Btw, how can anyone even understand bryan williams with his deviated septum.....argh.
It's "Brian" Williams, and I understand him just fine. You truly are a one trick pony.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 7
Go to