MSP

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Can a pilot from Skywest, Endeavor, and Compass let me know their junior lineholder's DOH for MSP for their respective company, please?
Quote: Can a pilot from Skywest, Endeavor, and Compass let me know their junior lineholder's DOH for MSP for their respective company, please?
For skywest, right out of training. MSP is our most junior base and has doubled in size over the last 2 years.
Quote: For skywest, right out of training. MSP is our most junior base and has doubled in size over the last 2 years.
Plus you can't be on reserve if you don't have any reserve lines. Most people bid out of MSP since that is where all the new hires are placed. If you want or live in MSP, you would probably enjoy pretty good seniority immediately.
Quote: For skywest, right out of training. MSP is our most junior base and has doubled in size over the last 2 years.
Adding to this, I was hired at skywest late April of 14 and I bid below 20% in MSP. Been able to hold 700/900 fairly consistently the last 6 months.
Quote: Plus you can't be on reserve if you don't have any reserve lines. Most people bid out of MSP since that is where all the new hires are placed. If you want or live in MSP, you would probably enjoy pretty good seniority immediately.
I know some guys that have picked up and moved from the west coast for the better QOL in MSP.....
I don't have the specific date, but reserve on the -200 MSP at 9E is around 2-3 months and 8-9 months on the -900. Plus, all the training is done at the airport or in Eagan and you'll make 50k+ your first year. PM me if you have any specific questions.
I wouldn't let quickest msp base be your biggest reason to decide on which
airline. I'd imagine that a phone call to scheduling before you commuted to
your domicile could get you to sit rsv in msp or at least a DH to pick up a trip.
Quote: Can a pilot from Skywest, Endeavor, and Compass let me know their junior lineholder's DOH for MSP for their respective company, please?
At Compass it looks like the most jr FO at MSP held it out of training, their DOH isn't on the seniority list as we don't have our April one yet. Funny how times change as it used to be very senior... that is about as low as I've ever seen it. Jr Lineholder would be 10/15/15 hire on a CDO line. Probably about 2-3 mo of reserve if you're willing to do CDOs... A few more months for an actual decent line. MSP usually offers long call reserve at least though.
Quote: I wouldn't let quickest msp base be your biggest reason to decide on which
airline. I'd imagine that a phone call to scheduling before you commuted to
your domicile could get you to sit rsv in msp or at least a DH to pick up a trip.
The truth is I'm looking for a base with a one leg commute from FAR and IAH. I'm going to have a very interesting 12-18 months due to some unforeseen circumstances. If it was up to me I wouldn't be commuting.

It looks like there are quite a few options: DEN, ATL, DFW, MSP, and ORD.

Thank you everyone, for the information so far.

Do any of the crew lounges have showers or any exercise equipment? I'm brand new to the 121 world, forgive my ignorance.
Quote: At Compass it looks like the most jr FO at MSP held it out of training, their DOH isn't on the seniority list as we don't have our April one yet. Funny how times change as it used to be very senior... that is about as low as I've ever seen it. Jr Lineholder would be 10/15/15 hire on a CDO line. Probably about 2-3 mo of reserve if you're willing to do CDOs... A few more months for an actual decent line. MSP usually offers long call reserve at least though.
What is a CDO? Is long call 12 hours?
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to