Norwegian adds Denver and Seattle

Subscribe
2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 6 of 7
Go to
Quote: I am sure that will be highly effective...
https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...ian/430457001/

Looks like it was
Quote: https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...ian/430457001/

Looks like it was
And yet they are still flying and expanding service...

This does nothing to Norwegian.

Also, just remember that these deals are reciprocal. The U.S. has to play by the rules as well. Let's see what happens when this gets turned around on the U.S. airlines. Only two weeks of vacation, health insurance coverage has to be paid by the employee, no guaranteed pension plan. The U.S. does quite a bit to undercut labour standards of the rest of the first world.

NAI does not have Singapore flight crew and has ZERO employees based in Bangkok, contrary to what ALPA tells you. Norwegian Air Shuttle (NAS) has Bangkok crews. But NAS is registered in Norway, and everything is fully compliant with Norwegian labour law. So this proposed legislation would have ZERO effect on the things ALPA is complaining about. Remember ALPA claims that the Bangkok employees are allowed because of NAI being registered in Ireland, but the two are not connected.

Lastly, will this attempt to block Swiss, Austrian, Brussels Airlines, Aer Lingus, Thomas Cook Scandinavia and others? They are all registered outside the country of their majority shareholders and thus play under different labour laws.
The other thing written into this law is privatization of ATC. Thanks ALPA for helping to increase the cost of GA in America
Quote: The other thing written into this law is privatization of ATC. Thanks ALPA for helping to increase the cost of GA in America
Yes, it's a rider and not an ideal measure to address the problem. It is however bipartisan acknowledgement the deny effort has traction. Encouraging.

Was in DAY not long ago. Used to be called little Detroit. Heartbreaking. The state I'm from used to own textiles and furniture, toast. So we already know a country conceding the durable goods side of GNP is weakening. Would be nice to think air transportation won't be next.
Quote: And yet they are still flying and expanding service...

Also, just remember that these deals are reciprocal. The U.S. has to play by the rules as well. Let's see what happens when this gets turned around on the U.S. airlines. Only two weeks of vacation, health insurance coverage has to be paid by the employee, no guaranteed pension plan. The U.S. does quite a bit to undercut labour standards of the rest of the first world.

NAI does not have Singapore flight crew and has ZERO employees based in Bangkok, contrary to what ALPA tells you. Norwegian Air Shuttle (NAS) has Bangkok crews. But NAS is registered in Norway, and everything is fully compliant with Norwegian labour law. So this proposed legislation would have ZERO effect on the things ALPA is complaining about. Remember ALPA claims that the Bangkok employees are allowed because of NAI being registered in Ireland, but the two are not connected.

Lastly, will this attempt to block Swiss, Austrian, Brussels Airlines, Aer Lingus, Thomas Cook Scandinavia and others? They are all registered outside the country of their majority shareholders and thus play under different labour laws.
Considering Swiss, Austrian, and Brussels Airlines are owned by Lufthansa, that's a great point!
Quote: And yet they are still flying and expanding service...

Says the ALPA hater
Quote: Says the ALPA hater
Not an ALPA hater. I have spent many years as a dues paying member and was on an ALPA organizing committee. I just have the ability to recognize when they are wrong. Perhaps you should develop that ability too, instead of blindly following the propaganda. Or does that take too much effort?
Quote: Not an ALPA hater. I have spent many years as a dues paying member and was on an ALPA organizing committee. I just have the ability to recognize when they are wrong. Perhaps you should develop that ability too, instead of blindly following the propaganda. Or does that take too much effort?
I'm concentrating my 'effort' on blocking schemes like NAI and others from becoming the cancer in US aviation. Career destruction of US jobs is very appealing to some, especially those living contract to contract in EU.

I give mightily to the PAC, and I'm very politically involved. I want to make sure the next generation of United States citizens have a career here. Not to some foreign national entity who shops the lowest cost pilots in the world.
Quote: Perhaps you should develop that ability too, instead of blindly following the propaganda. Or does that take too much effort?
Propaganda? Precisely what support for this kind of unrestricted route authority is. Philosophical justification for pseudo economists & end runners alike. I see workers losing jobs. I see displaced workers seeking jobs only finding worse jobs. NAI and their ilk? Rock'em, sock'em, BLOCK'EM.
Quote: Propaganda? Precisely what support for this kind of unrestricted route authority is. Philosophical justification for pseudo economists & end runners alike. I see workers losing jobs. I see displaced workers seeking jobs only finding worse jobs. NAI and their ilk? Rock'em, sock'em, BLOCK'EM.
Continually promoting false allegations is propaganda. ALPA claims that NAI was formed so they could base pilots in Thailand through a Singapore agency. The problem is NAI is not doing any of that. And that is where the outrage is based, on those false allegations. Norwegian Air Shuttle (NAS), certified, owned and based in Bærum, Norway is the company using contract crews and basing them in Thailand. NAS is in absolutely zero way, shape or form a so-called 'Flag of Convenience'. ALPA is either mixing NAI and NAS out of ignorance, which means they are sloppy, or they are doing it deliberately in an effort to get folks like you to donate money to the PAC. So yes, Propaganda with a capital "P".
2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 6 of 7
Go to