Next UPS job fair

Subscribe
6  7  8  9  10 
Page 10 of 10
Go to
Quote: In the pool, wondering if going to the job fair and saying hi to the recruiters will help me out of the pool at all? I figure my score is my score but I'm curious if anyone's ever been able to increase their chances by attending a job fair post successful interview. Trying to do whatever it takes!
I did. I was in the pool and went to see them at a job fair. I was in the second class the next year- they said it would help a lot and apparently it did. I was a C- applicant and it elevated me high enough to get into a class during a time they weren’t running many classes.

When you’re in the pool, you need to send updated credentials every month anyway, no better way for them to get it than in person. They’ll appreciate it. Good luck!
Quote: I did. I was in the pool and went to see them at a job fair. I was in the second class the next year- they said it would help a lot and apparently it did. I was a C- applicant and it elevated me high enough to get into a class during a time they weren’t running many classes.

When you’re in the pool, you need to send updated credentials every month anyway, no better way for them to get it than in person. They’ll appreciate it. Good luck!
Curious.. Also in the pool going on 3 months, How did you know that you were a C-Applicant. Also, how long were you in the pool before you decided to hit up a job fair?

Thanks- Rollie
Quote: Curious.. Also in the pool going on 3 months, How did you know that you were a C-Applicant. Also, how long were you in the pool before you decided to hit up a job fair?

Thanks- Rollie
Because I’m a pretty subpar pilot and I was giving myself a C- grade. 😏

I was in the pool three months when I hit the job fair. At the time I went, they weren’t running classes with near the frequency they are now.
Quote: ...

When you’re in the pool, you need to send updated credentials every month anyway, no better way for them to get it than in person. They’ll appreciate it.
Why do you need to send them updated credentials every month and how exactly do you (or did you) do it? Most people I know aren't able to update their apps? Not sure about "they'll appreciate it" part either, they're swamped with applications and being too pushy might not be the best way to get noticed. I always encourage my friends to visit our recruiters at job fairs but I've never heard that poolies are supposed to update their credentials monthly?
Quote: In the pool, wondering if going to the job fair and saying hi to the recruiters will help me out of the pool at all?
You might've answered your own question?

Quote: ...Trying to do whatever it takes!
Good luck to you and to other poolies.
Pool letter gives a fax number that updates can be sent to. At least it did a couple of years ago.
Quote: Pool letter gives a fax number that updates can be sent to. At least it did a couple of years ago.
This.

The letter says they want updated credentials every 30 days. And gave me a good excuse to attend a job fair to update in person. Worked for me. Might not work for the next guy but wanted to pass it along.
Quote: Pool letter gives a fax number that updates can be sent to. At least it did a couple of years ago.
Quote: This.

The letter says they want updated credentials every 30 days. And gave me a good excuse to attend a job fair to update in person. Worked for me. Might not work for the next guy but wanted to pass it along.
Thanks. Wasn't aware a fax number was included in the pool letter. Good info.
I agree with CL on job fairs. Attend if at all possible.
Ups
Quote: Unfortunately there are still enough qualified applicants with a 4 Yr degree.
I got the same reply today. . 2019.
But they keep advertising looking for crew members.
6  7  8  9  10 
Page 10 of 10
Go to