FDX 2007 Hiring Rumors

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  15 
Page 5 of 18
Go to
Make a Difference
Can anyone at FedEx find it in their heart to help me? I already have a sponsor that is helping me greatly, however ,if I can get 2 more pilots to write letters, that would be ideal. This a chance to really make a difference. I know it sounds crazy, but I am a trustworthy, nice guy. The military guys really have the upper hand during the selection process due to their networking skills. I don't have anyone other than my one sponsor. There is a lot of talk in these forums...this is a chance for someone that is already "in" to help out. I live in Chicago and fly for a Part 135 operator. Lots of PIC and types. Let me know what you think. Lots of other pilots in the same boat that need the same kind of help. So, if you don't help me, help someone. In my opinion, that is how we can really figure out what it takes to get hired at FedEx or UPS. This is what makes the military guys so successful at getting in, lets do the same thing.
I think people who recommend you have to have flown with you - that way they can attest to your skills, reputation, and general personality. Think about who you have flown with in your current job that have moved on to FedEx. Look them up and ask them to submit a recommendation on you. Respectfully - I don't know how a recommendation that reads "I met this guy on a forum and he told me he is really trustworthy and an all around good guy" would really hold any weight.
Agreed. It's not just "a rec" that counts - the quality of the rec counts as well. Someone who has known and flown with someone for 10 years can write a very strong rec that carries a lot of weight. A weak rec is almost worse than none at all.

Really push the networking thing - you probably know more guys at FedEx or UPS than you thought. If not, find someone you know who just got hired and go fly with him so he can write you a rec in the future.
Heard a rumor that FDX will slow hiring to about 150 folks over the next 18 months to cover only retirements. Any others hear this?
Are we still doing the M/G. I have a guy over at ComAir that I really want to get in.....I'm also waiting for Jack to leave so that certain policys I hope will change when Orlando takes the helm................
Quote: Heard a rumor that FDX will slow hiring to about 150 folks over the next 18 months to cover only retirements. Any others hear this?
That's gonna make it hard to man the 20 WB jets we're getting this year. Sounds like wishful thinking on the part of some bean-counter.
Meet and Greets are not going to go away. They weren't just a Jack thing, Flight Ops Management was behind them. Don't expect any big changes with hiring when Jack steps down.
Heard the M&G will be kept, but (it all could change) no interviews or M&G
until around July this year. 40 people in the pool and should be drained in the
summer. They are still trying to see what will happen with the MOAB....
Quote: They are still trying to see what will happen with the MOAB....
So if there have been 2 previous MOABs (maybe more) is it really "MOAB"??

Maybe MOAB III or BBY or BBYMC (Biggest Bid YET, MORE COMING)
Quote: Can anyone at FedEx find it in their heart to help me? I already have a sponsor that is helping me greatly, however ,if I can get 2 more pilots to write letters, that would be ideal. This a chance to really make a difference. I know it sounds crazy, but I am a trustworthy, nice guy. The military guys really have the upper hand during the selection process due to their networking skills. I don't have anyone other than my one sponsor. There is a lot of talk in these forums...this is a chance for someone that is already "in" to help out. I live in Chicago and fly for a Part 135 operator. Lots of PIC and types. Let me know what you think. Lots of other pilots in the same boat that need the same kind of help. So, if you don't help me, help someone. In my opinion, that is how we can really figure out what it takes to get hired at FedEx or UPS. This is what makes the military guys so successful at getting in, lets do the same thing.
well there are tons of apps in with 3 or more reps and each has flown with them...i believe u should do what u can to get your dreamjob...but this is rediculous...u don't have to beg...just come to mem and cut my grass and wash my truck..that's all it takes!
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  15 
Page 5 of 18
Go to