Staging

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to
So,
Business and Staging have the same priority.

How odd, in my FOM there's a priority list established by mgt.
Business is 17
Staging is 20
Quote: So,
Business and Staging have the same priority.

How odd, in my FOM there's a priority list established by mgt.
Business is 17
Staging is 20
It is odd. I specifically called and asked js when the FOM change came out if I was staging if a business js'r booking after me would bump me. Was told absolutely not. I was told though that if there was a change of gauge, business would automatically be re-booked, not the case for staging.

Something else is odd is, as a MD11 captain, the nom also says no-one will be booked in the cockpit 4-7+35 without my permission. JS will book all but the last seat. Had this many times going to the west coast. Call them and they say, we don't use that. The grid is wrong.

the most odd thing is the FAA (national) ruled mechanics don't have a need for cockpit access yet our FOM allows it and gives them staging privileges (same level as us). And for what it's worth, they always have their schedule 3 weeks out.

So, yes, it is quite odd.
Guys, it's FedEx.

Wait until the new verbage comes out, hear about some guys getting strung out for not dotting the I's and crossing the T's on the crew bus.

Then wait for the FCIF from whoever is supposed to issue it saying that things are back to normal.

Then press on as usual.
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to