PSA Pay and Benefits

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  12 
Page 2 of 22
Go to
Quote: Anyone at Psa know how long medical benefits take to kick in and what monthly premiums are for a decent plan? Thanks.
The waiting period is 90 days. If you are coming from another job, and have benefits, check into to COBRA coverage AND a bridge policy. Obamacare is still the law right now and insurance coverage is still required even if you are changing employers.

I called USAA and asked for this information. The agent was positive COBRA coverage would be less expensive. He was wrong. The COBRA coverage my previous employer had available was $500 a month higher.
Quote: The waiting period is 90 days. If you are coming from another job, and have benefits, check into to COBRA coverage AND a bridge policy. Obamacare is still the law right now and insurance coverage is still required even if you are changing employers.

I called USAA and asked for this information. The agent was positive COBRA coverage would be less expensive. He was wrong. The COBRA coverage my previous employer had available was $500 a month higher.
A lot of insurance companies offer gap coverage, which is what I got for my first 90 days at PSA. It's basically a major medical policy in case you get run over by a bus, and for a family of 4 it was less than $200/month. COBRA tends to be VERY expensive as it's essentially your old employer-sponsored health care plan except you pay both the employee and employer part of the premiums. Most employers tend to pick up 2/3 t0 3/4 the overall premium cost.
Quote: Where are you getting 38.88 from? I'm first year and only getting 38.50. Did this just change in april?

\
That's the new blended rate that started 2Q2017 (increase in the number of 700 frames)
Quote: A lot of insurance companies offer gap coverage, which is what I got for my first 90 days at PSA. It's basically a major medical policy in case you get run over by a bus, and for a family of 4 it was less than $200/month. COBRA tends to be VERY expensive as it's essentially your old employer-sponsored health care plan except you pay both the employee and employer part of the premiums. Most employers tend to pick up 2/3 t0 3/4 the overall premium cost.
Good info, thanks.......after the 90 days any ideas on monthly price for B plan for family of 4? (I believe I understood a previous poster to say $324 for B plan not sure how many people were covered on that policy.)
Quote: Good info, thanks.......after the 90 days any ideas on monthly price for B plan for family of 4? (I believe I understood a previous poster to say $324 for B plan not sure how many people were covered on that policy.)
As many as are in your family. Keep popping 'em out!
Looks like Trans States Airlines just upped the ante!

From Trans States Airlines' APC profiles page:

"* Now offering $30,000 in signing and retention bonuses to new hire First Officers and $21,000 in signing and retention bonuses to new hire Captain Qualified First Officers".

I guess PSA can no longer brag that they have industry-leading pay and benefits. Or at least, they SHOULDN'T brag that they have the industry-leading pay, et al.
Hiring Captain Qualified FOs is not something to brag about.
Does PSA have profit sharing? If so, how much?
Quote: Does PSA have profit sharing? If so, how much?
Yes. We get a percentage of AAG's profit for the year.

They gave it to us with no bargaining on our part. It was a "freebie". Last year, we got 3% of our paycheck. So, the more you make, the more profit sharing you got.
It has been discussed before that there has been a very recent change in the timing of the payout of the new hire bonus. Anyone that has been in one of the most recent classes who had to wait for the hiring bonus, did you receive it A) after the checkride B) After IOE C) some other time after that?
1  2  3  4  5  6  12 
Page 2 of 22
Go to