Duration of new hire training?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 2 of 5
Go to
Dash Captain
I would be interested but how long to hold PHL? Commuting to ROA would be tough, it's way out there. Probably cheap as chips though. Thank you.
Quote: I would be interested but how long to hold PHL? Commuting to ROA would be tough, it's way out there. Probably cheap as chips though. Thank you.
As a new hire on the jet you'll be PHL based right out of training, and usually line holding by the second month, if not sooner. PHL is the junior base for the Dash as well if I remember correctly.
Quote: As a new hire on the jet you'll be PHL based right out of training, and usually line holding by the second month, if not sooner. PHL is the junior base for the Dash as well if I remember correctly.
Didnt PHL DHC8 close on the last bid?
Quote: Didnt PHL DHC8 close on the last bid?
You beat me to it... Yes it did.
So with PHL as the only Jet base, where are they looking to add another base?
Quote: So with PHL as the only Jet base, where are they looking to add another base?
Nobody knows.

They are just trying to get things in PHL and training dept. up to speed not much else seems to be on the radar.
They keep claiming we are going to cram the entire airline into Philly. I don't buy it, but I do buy that they don't want to think about it until we get training a reliability in a good spot.
Quote: They keep claiming we are going to cram the entire airline into Philly. I don't buy it, but I do buy that they don't want to think about it until we get training a reliability in a good spot.
I couldn't agree more with this. The final fleet of 145s is planned to be 85-115 from what I hear and that sounds like a logistical nightmare to have that many in the PHL F concourse. I'd bet we will see a new base next year as the airline grows and the route structure becomes more diversified.
Question
So just to confirm, for now, ROA is now the only DHC8 base? It's a hard place to get to no? Two leg commute for me and that would be tough. Thanks again.
Quote: So just to confirm, for now, ROA is now the only DHC8 base? It's a hard place to get to no? Two leg commute for me and that would be tough. Thanks again.
You would not get ROA. They are not hiring into the Dash. If you're referring to the Dash street captain slots they offered last month to a couple of new hires... Why don't you just take the easy commute to phl and take the 145. You'll hold upgrade likely within 6-7 months total on property.... You will be in training majority of that time anyways. So basically, as soon as you hit the line you will probably hold upgrade.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 2 of 5
Go to