Future of MSP

Subscribe
4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  18 
Page 8 of 20
Go to
Quote: I agree, im just pointing out the way the company is playing long ball, as I see it. Waiting 4 years to implement a cost savings they’ve been planning. A lot of patience these men and women have. All their plan requires is our consent in the next contract.
They can’t implement it. It’s not legal contractually.
Quote: 2020 would set up nicely to coincide with our next contract with added language regarding virtual bases and international categories. I think MSP would be an ideal VB for the 330 and/or 777. They have plenty of departures in the summer for one of those but maybe not enough in the winter. The powers that be don’t like too many of us sitting around not doing anything for months at a time.
As SailingFun said, can't do it contractually because (1) can't have a Virtual Base at an existing pilot base. (2) A virtual base rotation can't start with an ocean crossing leg nor contain a Ocean crossing leg to/from a existing pilot base.

So MSP can't be a virtual base for the 330 anytime soon.
Quote: We have int'l VB at MSP. However, you get positive space, hotels, pay and per diem. Not voting for a change.
This right here.

The concept of allowing this to even be discussed in negotiations should rank right down there with scope giveaways: No, hell no, and stop asking because you can't afford it.
The company is definitely playing long ball. Check out the no-cost leverage they just gave themselves (or kept) before negotiations kick off:

- Restricted alcohol consumption during and before DH.
- Significantly expanded short call assignments
- Still withholding proper new-hire compensation for hotels
- Continued discrimination against mil members
- Zero modernization of Icrew
- Expanding JVs without moving an inch on negotiating agreements for new ones
- Increasing health care costs

What are we going to give up to fix those?
Quote: The company is definitely playing long ball. Check out the no-cost leverage they just gave themselves (or kept) before negotiations kick off:

- Restricted alcohol consumption during and before DH.
- Significantly expanded short call assignments
- Still withholding proper new-hire compensation for hotels
- Continued discrimination against mil members
- Zero modernization of Icrew
- Expanding JVs without moving an inch on negotiating agreements for new ones
- Increasing health care costs

What are we going to give up to fix those?
I'm willing to give up the Surface.
And the hat.
I heard we're getting new purple uniforms unless we give up something.
Quote: I heard we're getting new purple uniforms unless we give up something.
It's PLUM
Just think how excited the kids will be to see a whole plane load of Barneys.
Quote: As SailingFun said, can't do it contractually because (1) can't have a Virtual Base at an existing pilot base. (2) A virtual base rotation can't start with an ocean crossing leg nor contain a Ocean crossing leg to/from a existing pilot base.

So MSP can't be a virtual base for the 330 anytime soon.
CURRENTLY. My guess is the company implements the first one now with so little to tell the pilots "see, it doesnt hurt you at all" and then the big ask of what they really want comes in the next round of negotiations.
4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  18 
Page 8 of 20
Go to