SWA In-House Job Fair, 30 Sep 17?

Subscribe
3  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  23 
Page 13 of 27
Go to
April attendee, now a new hire
Hello 4myfamily, I was lucky enough to be able to attend the in house job fair back in April. I was offered an interview about 5 weeks after the event. I'm now a new hire. If it's anything like the event back in April, yes it was very laid back and friendly, yet very professional. Wear a suit, everyone was in suits and most of the SWA pilots were in their uniforms. The other Southwest employees were dressed business casual and all were very friendly and helpful. Be yourself, smile, be friendly, be genuine. These are the types of people they want to hire. I see way too many pilots placing too much emphasis on, hey I've got 90 gazillion hours, 15 type ratings, no checkride busts, hey man, it doesn't matter. Are you a good person? Are you personable and tolerable to be around and work with? Yes, experience means something, but they want the right fit for their culture and their company. You'll do great! Have fun, be yourself, the job is yours!

Quote: Will someone that attended the April event please give us the scoop for what to expect and how best to prepare for the Sept event? Thank you in advance.
Are there any plans to make more slots for the people on the wait list?
previous experience
For anyone that has made it to a SWA job fair, can you tell me when the afternoon session was over? I know it is scheduled from 12-4 but did it end early/late or right on time?
Quote: For anyone that has made it to a SWA job fair, can you tell me when the afternoon session was over? I know it is scheduled from 12-4 but did it end early/late or right on time?
It is usually a full 4 hours. Thats also assuming the morning session gets started and out on time. Id "plan" for 430ish just to be safe. You might be one of the last ones doing a 1 on 1 or perhaps strike up a conversation with someone that you dont want to walk away from.

Just my 2 cents
Does anyone know if there is a place there that will be available for us to put a rollaboard? Didn't know if they had a bag room or not. I'm coming in the night before and I was planning on taking an Uber to the event. So I won't have a rental car to keep my bag in.
My Name Is....Yes, there is a room they will take you to for luggage storage during the day. Safe and secure...
Anyone getting calls/emails for standby list?
What to bring?
Does anyone have any advice on what we should bring to this thing? I know it's "just" a career day and not an interview... but should we bring college transcript, logbooks (surely not?), resumes, etc.? I'm sure we obviously should bring a printed copy of PC application.
Quote: Does anyone have any advice on what we should bring to this thing? I know it's "just" a career day and not an interview... but should we bring college transcript, logbooks (surely not?), resumes, etc.? I'm sure we obviously should bring a printed copy of PC application.
They'll go through your application with you on the computer. Definitely bring a few resumes.
Quote: They'll go through your application with you on the computer. Definitely bring a few resumes.
Sweet, thanks. So don't bring a printed copy of app?

Oh yeah, one more thing... Black tie, red tie, blue tie... does it really matter?
3  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  23 
Page 13 of 27
Go to