Skywest training is the BEST in the regionals

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 11
Go to
Quote: There are airlines that will give you like 10 extra sims...good training or poor pilot performance? Not necessarily a positive. 1 or 2 extra? Okay maybe you had a bad day. After that it's excessive. Essentially giving guys that can't pass training a better chance to fly a jet and fill seats for the company...
That's what I used to think. But I've seen older pilots, and pilots with extensive non jet experience who just need more time to get there. They do pretty good one they get some experience. Most of them.
Quote: That's what I used to think. But I've seen older pilots, and pilots with extensive non jet experience who just need more time to get there. They do pretty good one they get some experience. Most of them.
True. Usually the ones who really can't do it can't get passed IOE. Usually too far behind the plane and never catch up. Happened to a guy in my class sadly. They did give him like 40 hours of OE too...
Quote: True. Usually the ones who really can't do it can't get passed IOE. Usually too far behind the plane and never catch up. Happened to a guy in my class sadly. They did give him like 40 hours of OE too...
Heard they are "tweaking" the ground/sim training. More loft style training... (line oriented flight training)
Quote: That's what I used to think. But I've seen older pilots, and pilots with extensive non jet experience who just need more time to get there. They do pretty good one they get some experience. Most of them.
Truth .
Quote: A friend of mine who just completed training at skywest just told me how great the training program is at skywest. They really work with you and want to help you as long as you have a good attitude and try to work hard.

Skywest will give you extra sim lessons if needed and also extra IOE if needed and even in initial ground if one fails indoc, systems, or oral they will help you pass.

Even though skywest doesn't pay that much and they don't have a union and starting pay is not 41/hr and no bonus at least they provide quality training and make a new hire a competent line pilot.
This describes every training program I've been through - Regional, Legacy, Part 135 and even my PPL and CMI.
Quote: This describes every training program I've been through - Regional, Legacy, Part 135 and even my PPL and CMI.
Exactly. A newbie professing it's the best training. I'm sure he observed every regional training department before making his post. :roll eyes:

What about after training. All you care about is pay rates. How is SW pay compared to other regionals?

Keep drinking the KoolAid!
Quote: This describes every training program I've been through - Regional, Legacy, Part 135 and even my PPL and CMI.
You've led a charmed career then.
Quote: The best training is provided by the U.S.A.F.
I would change that to read the U.S.?.?.
i heard you failed out
Rickair7777 where do you work these days? I know you were a long time OO guy but curious as to your whereabouts these days.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 11
Go to