Skywest training is the BEST in the regionals

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 11
Go to
Quote: You've led a charmed career then.
I think 4 diverse air carriers is a large enough sample to at least say my experience is not atypical.
Does Skywest still have the three strikes and out and the up or out?
What is the 3 strike out rule
What's the 3 strike out rule, and all training is not the same. Go to gojet and see how bad their training is or pinnacle, compass, commutair. Training is not bad just they try to fill your mouth with a hose of information and then your on your own. Their is no real structure and no real good quality instructors who really care to invest and help the new hire like skywest does. I'm no koolaid for skywest and they have their issues but there in house training is really structured and aimed to help pass and get every new hire on the line as competent line pilots.
you get to fail the systems test and your checkride three times before they fire you.
Quote: Does Skywest still have the three strikes and out and the up or out?
Quote: you get to fail the systems test and your checkride three times before they fire you.
You get two failures in any combination of the systems test and AQP checkride and still get retrained to try again. Third failure you're out.

Repeating other training events is not unlimited, but does not count against the three strikes. I do not recall if MV counts as a checkride for new-hires.

They will not sign you off if you're going to fail the checkride, so you're more likely to get additional sim training than to get a strike.

"Up or out" has been gone for many years.
Quote: You get two failures in any combination of the systems test and AQP checkride and still get retrained to try again. Third failure you're out.

Repeating other training events is not unlimited, but does not count against the three strikes. I do not recall if MV counts as a checkride for new-hires.

They will not sign you off if you're going to fail the checkride, so you're more likely to get additional sim training than to get a strike.

"Up or out" has been gone for many years.
Training termination is less then 1% I'm told... and i just saw a guy that that happened to. He’s back. He went to Mesa for 9 months. Got some experience and he’s back flying at SkyWest..
Quote: Training termination is less then 1%
That's what it used to be, when they were more rigorous in the interview (sim, etc).

I understand now it's higher, just due to letting more folks "give it a whirl" in training. Monthly attrition of very low seniority numbers looked higher than 1%.
Quote: What's the 3 strike out rule, and all training is not the same. Go to gojet and see how bad their training is or pinnacle, compass, commutair. Training is not bad just they try to fill your mouth with a hose of information and then your on your own. Their is no real structure and no real good quality instructors who really care to invest and help the new hire like skywest does. I'm no koolaid for skywest and they have their issues but there in house training is really structured and aimed to help pass and get every new hire on the line as competent line pilots.
Dude, where have you been? Pinnacle is long gone.
Okay endeavour
My correction endeavor
Quote: What's the 3 strike out rule, and all training is not the same. Go to gojet and see how bad their training is or pinnacle, compass, commutair. Training is not bad just they try to fill your mouth with a hose of information and then your on your own. Their is no real structure and no real good quality instructors who really care to invest and help the new hire like skywest does. I'm no koolaid for skywest and they have their issues but there in house training is really structured and aimed to help pass and get every new hire on the line as competent line pilots.
To be honest it sounds like you failed out of one airlines training program and have a grudge...then you did well at OO because they held your hand. Just saying man.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 11
Go to