UPS buying Atlas?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 9
Go to
"If you don't hear any rumors you like...start one!! "
Quote: UPS in an airline.
Atlas is an outfit with good crews

UPS is a trucking company, with airplanes.

As a company, it avoids expenditures to grow the airline, almost to the detriment of business. Our business is not to fly boxes, its simply to move boxes. The airline is usually the choice of last resort to move the freight.
Quote: UPS is a trucking company, with airplanes.

As a company, it avoids expenditures to grow the airline, almost to the detriment of business. Our business is not to fly boxes, its simply to move boxes. The airline is usually the choice of last resort to move the freight.
Because they use other airlines
Quote: Because they use other airlines
Absolutely, whenever possible !

When it absolutely, positively, has to be there.... Oh wait, never mind.
Quote: It's not a rumor - the OP took an academic discussion on the benefits of such an acquisition by a pilot and spun it into a "rumor" to troll internet forums.

Nobody is talking about this rumor, because everybody knows it will never happen.
Yeah... kinda my point....

(reading comprehension)
What are the van drivers saying about this? I go to them for Powerball numbers.
It will never happen. (of course, now that I said it... )

DHL would block such a merger or purchase.

"...In November 2001, Polar was acquired by Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings (AAWW), whose Atlas Air subsidiary is a provider of ACMI (aircraft, crew, maintenance and insurance) freighter leasing. Polar became the scheduled service provider for AAWW, while Atlas continued to supply Boeing 747 freighters on a wet-lease basis to major airlines.
In October 2006, it was announced that DHL Express would be acquiring a 49% stake in Polar. Polar is still majority-owned by Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings (51%), and has 736 employees (as of March 2007)..."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polar_Air_Cargo
And trucks ... lots of trucks 😎
Quote: And feeders... lots of feeders 😎
"Trucks??" Oh no, not here... Fixed it for ya!
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 9
Go to