Good news around the corner?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  14 
Page 4 of 24
Go to
With the unique nature of our operation, being home every night, etc., I don't believe Allegiant will be hit quite as hard as other middle tier airlines. But sooner or later, this will impact everyone. Some more than others. Airlines like republic, were practically decimated, their stock becoming worthless, due to pilot shortages and and inability to service their routes and customers. It has generally been said that major and legacy airlines will never have a problem recruiting. That maybe true, perhaps to a lesser extent, but airlines like frontier, Spirit, possibly even JetBlue, will probably begin to see unsustainable attrition.

Airline executives have been Poopoo'ing this eventuality for years. Now they are lobbying Congress to drop/amnend the 1500 hour ATP requirement, hoping that will alleviate the situation. Other measures, or Band-Aids, will include increasing the retirement age to 67.

Whether any or all of this will pass, who knows. Suffice to say pilots are finally in a sellers market. Not sure for how long, so we should take advantage while we can. I don't believe our contract would have been nearly as lucrative had market forces been different.
So whats up with these rumors now?

I have heard from multiple people in the last few days that:

1) MG has been going into new hire classes saying that something big is coming "soon."
2) That we are about to announce A330s.

Are these just FL rumors or has anyone else heard this stuff?
Quote: So whats up with these rumors now?

1) MG has been going into new hire classes saying that something big is coming "soon."

It's going to be Air Berlin 330's. Rumor is they will be placed in EWR for ULCC international flying.
New routes tomorrow
Quote: New routes tomorrow
I heard there's a new class drop tomorrow too
Quote: I heard there's a new class drop tomorrow too
Wrong. They will be announcing a new base in AUS.
Quote: Wrong. They will be announcing a new base in AUS.
Nope, new pref bidding software drop is tomorrow.
Quote: Nope, new pref bidding software drop is tomorrow.
They dropped that already. We're going back to line bidding.
Quote: New routes tomorrow
Is this a question or a statement? You posted the same thing last monday...
Quote: So whats up with these rumors now?

Allegiant is joining the interline Cute Pet Contest. Now you can have your pets compete against other airline employees.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  14 
Page 4 of 24
Go to