Luggage...

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to
So because today may be the last time I can deduct a luggage purchase....
Does anyone have a opinion on a good bag for a commuting new hire on the 757 from the midwest?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Quote: So because today may be the last time I can deduct a luggage purchase....
Does anyone have a opinion on a good bag for a commuting new hire on the 757 from the midwest?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
LuggageWorks 22' Stealth.
I've had an Eagle Creek Tarmac 22 for the past few years and think it's great. Very light, expandable, and comes with a 'No matter what' warranty that I believe is for as long as you own it. I had an issue with one of the wheels and called Eagle Creek and they sent me new replacement wheels. I was surprised to get a call a few weeks later from them asking if the new wheels solved my problem. Great customer service. Also, take a look at the eBags TLS 22 expandable. I'm seeing more and more of those in the AOC. I almost purchased one, but went with the Eagle Creek instead and have zero complaints and it's holding up really well.
Costco 22”

https://m.costco.com/Kirkland-Signature-Softside-22%22-2-Wheel-Carry-On.product.100368877.html
Quote: LuggageWorks 22' Stealth.
To heavy to be lugging up and down the stairs. Just buy a 22" carry on bag from anywhere. It will last 2 to 5 years. When you have gone through 5 of them that will equal the cost of the luggage works. So 10 to 25 years is the break even point. I use a EBAGS 22" bag.
I'd go with a Briggs&Riley Baseline. I have the U125CX-4 in black. It works great and is very lightweight. It will set you back about $500.
fbh
Quote: I'd go with a Briggs&Riley Baseline. I have the U125CX-4 in black. It works great and is very lightweight. It will set you back about $500.
fbh
Not to mention they have a lifetime warranty. “If there is a bag to repair, they will repair or replace it” —what the guy told me when I bought it.
I’ve been using this one for over a year. I like it more than the more expensive luggageworks bag I used for years. It’s lighter and has plenty of room. Plus, the handle has the traditional release mechanism instead of the stupid pins on the traditional LWs bags. Fits in every overhead baggage space except for RJs. For $150 it’s a good deal.
http://www.luggageworks.com/browse-products/rolling-bags/aurora-22-bag.html

I've used the standard steel frame LW roller bag for years. It's built like a tank. I never worry about it getting damaged if I need to check it (I've wondered if an aircraft tug rolling over it would damage it?).

Stealth 22'' Pilot Rolling Bag - SKU 103NG - Rolling Bags - Browse Products

That said IT'S VERY HEAVY (even when it's empty). After 10 years I send mine back for a "B Check" a few months ago. For $100 it came back looking like BRAND NEW.

I'd buy another one in the future ...
I am considering this bag as well. One concern I have is the back pockets seem to have no protection. If I put something in those and then I have to gate check the bag, won’t anything back there get crushed? The strongbags have two rails to help with this, but I don’t see anything on the luggageworks.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to