Organizational Fit Assessment

Subscribe
5  6  7  8  9  10 
Page 9 of 10
Go to
Quote: Where does it say you didn't score high enough? Mine just says "Organization Fit Assessment has been completed." with a green check mark, nothing else on page.
Looks like you passed it then.
Bump. Took the test for the second time and received the message saying I did not score high enough. I went into the test with the usual advice to answer the questions honestly, to be consistent, and to avoid answering yes to the always/never questions. I found test prep from Career Takeoff and thought about purchasing it, but decided not to and just give it my best shot. I am eligible to retest in August and will purchase the course this time. Has anyone tried their course and passed? Anyone out there like me that passed it on their third try? I am just frustrated with myself and am hoping to pass it come August. I will also be at or above 1000 TPIC by then. Thank you.
Quote: Bump. Took the test for the second time and received the message saying I did not score high enough. I went into the test with the usual advice to answer the questions honestly, to be consistent, and to avoid answering yes to the always/never questions. I found test prep from Career Takeoff and thought about purchasing it, but decided not to and just give it my best shot. I am eligible to retest in August and will purchase the course this time. Has anyone tried their course and passed? Anyone out there like me that passed it on their third try? I am just frustrated with myself and am hoping to pass it come August. I will also be at or above 1000 TPIC by then. Thank you.
The good news is, while you wait you are becoming competitive. If you have six months till you hit 1000, you were going to wait until at least August anyway. Keep your head up and you'll be just fine
Quote: Bump. Took the test for the second time and received the message saying I did not score high enough. I went into the test with the usual advice to answer the questions honestly, to be consistent, and to avoid answering yes to the always/never questions. I found test prep from Career Takeoff and thought about purchasing it, but decided not to and just give it my best shot. I am eligible to retest in August and will purchase the course this time. Has anyone tried their course and passed? Anyone out there like me that passed it on their third try? I am just frustrated with myself and am hoping to pass it come August. I will also be at or above 1000 TPIC by then. Thank you.
Sorry to hear that. A piece of advice that I was given and found useful was if a question doesn’t already say “at work” in it, then pretend it does.

In a crew environment I’m likely to be assertive and take a leadership role, in a personal setting that may not always be the case. I have to imagine every airline is looking to hire future captains who are capable of assertiveness and exerting leadership, and many of the questions in the OFA seem to target those attributes.

You’re right on track taking that thing early and often. Every airline wants employees who prioritize customer service and working together. It’s nothing groundbreaking, but these principles certainly have relevance in many of the questions asked in the OFA. Good luck.
Quote: Sorry to hear that. A piece of advice that I was given and found useful was if a question doesn’t already say “at work” in it, then pretend it does.

In a crew environment I’m likely to be assertive and take a leadership role, in a personal setting that may not always be the case. I have to imagine every airline is looking to hire future captains who are capable of assertiveness and exerting leadership, and many of the questions in the OFA seem to target those attributes.

You’re right on track taking that thing early and often. Every airline wants employees who prioritize customer service and working together. It’s nothing groundbreaking, but these principles certainly have relevance in many of the questions asked in the OFA. Good luck.
That's interesting. I was told to answer the questions as if you're a follower instead of a leader because they want to hire someone that they can mold into what they're looking for. That's how I proceeded and passed it on the first try.
Quote: That's interesting. I was told to answer the questions as if you're a follower instead of a leader because they want to hire someone that they can mold into what they're looking for. That's how I proceeded and passed it on the first try.
Interesting. Further proof that this thing is pretty enigmatic. Whatever the case, a customer service and teamwork-oriented approach hopefully aids in passing the thing.
Can you take the OFA prior to submitting your application? Or does the app have to be complete and submitted prior to taking the test?
Quote: Can you take the OFA prior to submitting your application? Or does the app have to be complete and submitted prior to taking the test?
The old assessment is gone from what I can tell. It's blank on my app. They've been back and forth on the skills test they added and then removed. Your app doesn't need to be complete when you had to take it though. It was just another step to make sure you had all your green marks.
Quote: The old assessment is gone from what I can tell. It's blank on my app. They've been back and forth on the skills test they added and then removed. Your app doesn't need to be complete when you had to take it though. It was just another step to make sure you had all your green marks.
AA is developing another test/assessment and asked for AA pilots to take part in order to help shape the test. Once that info is compiled and the new test configured I'm sure the pilotcredentials site will have the test available for the new applicants. As for now there is no organizational fit test nor pilot skills test
Quote: AA is developing another test/assessment and asked for AA pilots to take part in order to help shape the test. Once that info is compiled and the new test configured I'm sure the pilotcredentials site will have the test available for the new applicants. As for now there is no organizational fit test nor pilot skills test
Thanks for the update! I did the skills test, then it disappeared and haven't heard from aasupport. I appreciate it.
5  6  7  8  9  10 
Page 9 of 10
Go to