EDV worth the wait?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 9
Go to
Quote: I am in the same situation, either wait for months on EDV or head off to RAH. Leaning more towards RAH because waiting that long and then possibly waiting more or something else happening is not worth the seniority you gain elsewhere is the message I am getting. The only caveat is with EDV I wouldn't have to commute but RAH I would. I am near DTW
I feel you, man. Really want EDV, but not sure sitting around 6 months is worth it in this environment. With that said, the upgrade time at RAH is something like 4 years, so even waiting 6 months for EDV might still be the smarter choice.
I was hired in SkyWest in March of 07 and was able to upgrade in just over a year. People that were hired in April of 07 were not able to upgrade for 7 years, due to the economy tanking. I would take the first class at any decent regional.
Quote: I feel you, man. Really want EDV, but not sure sitting around 6 months is worth it in this environment. With that said, the upgrade time at RAH is something like 4 years, so even waiting 6 months for EDV might still be the smarter choice.
Getting hired now at RPA and you’re probably looking at a 2.5 to 3 year upgrade. Wait 6 months to get hired at EDV and you might be looking at same time frame. Maybe, maybe not. As the post above said, take the first class at an airline that works for you. If RPA really doesn’t work or if you’re dead set on EDV, then wait it out.
Are you implying that SKW is a decent regional?

Quote: I was hired in SkyWest in March of 07 and was able to upgrade in just over a year. People that were hired in April of 07 were not able to upgrade for 7 years, due to the economy tanking. I would take the first class at any decent regional.
Take the first available class date if it suits you. A CJO is as implied "conditional." A lot can change in days, weeks, months. If you are set on a specific regional, quit when you actually have the class date.
Quote: If you get on at any airline one year earlier, the increase in compensation is that extra year of senior captains pay 20-30 years down the road. $500K maybe.

That's not the way Saab340driver stated it, he made it sound like annual salary(which is a complete fallacy)...
Quote: I can say without a doubt to GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. If your goal is to work at a legacy carrier one day, you'd be wise to take a position with Envoy, Piedmont, or PSA (currently Piedmont has the quickest flow to American).

At any of those three, you will have a much better shot at a Delta interview and job. And if that falls through, you still have United. And if that falls through, the end game default is a Captain position flying at American making $500k. My friend, Endeavor Air cannot promise you that. Don't let any recruiter tell you otherwise. You never want to sit in a pool waiting for a class date at a regional airline in this pilot shortage climate. Endeavor is dealing with major issues now that the poor work rules are becoming a reality in NYC. The moral is deepening because the pathway to Delta is so uncertain for most of our pilots (ie ...most don't trust Delta).
So, in short, move on before too much time passes...
You're a CKA at PDT, right?
Quote: Are you implying that SKW is a decent regional?
Depending where you live, it could be. We'll also have to wait and see what the current negotiations yield. A lot will be really disappointed if it isn't, at minimum, the hourly pay of Republic. Management has stated they are embarrassed at what the current pay is.

Like any airline, it could be very good to get in now before the negotiations end.... or not.
Quote: Depending where you live, it could be. We'll also have to wait and see what the current negotiations yield. A lot will be really disappointed if it isn't, at minimum, the hourly pay of Republic. Management has stated they are embarrassed at what the current pay is.

Like any airline, it could be very good to get in now before the negotiations end.... or not.

"Management has stated they are embarrassed at what the current pay is."

Which manager(s) said this and when??

P.S. They really should be(embarrassed)!
Quote: "Management has stated they are embarrassed at what the current pay is."

Which manager(s) said this and when??

P.S. They really should be(embarrassed)!
But they get to fly exclusively where no other regionals fly. They’re the best. Live with it. Hello Aspen.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 9
Go to