EDV worth the wait?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 4 of 9
Go to
Quote: Take the first available class date if it suits you. A CJO is as implied "conditional." A lot can change in days, weeks, months. If you are set on a specific regional, quit when you actually have the class date.
I have heard this advice before, start training with another airline then when you have the class date for the airline you actually want, quit. Wonder how it looks on a resume tho
It's not ideal but as long as it's not a pattern it should not pose a problem. You should be able to articulate a reasonable explanation as to your decision to do so (commuting, family etc). Once you get on with your "choice" airline stay there, upgrade and move on in a normal career progression trajectory. Next stop should be a non-lateral move. The other option is to wait it out if you are able. Remember once you start training, you might be obligated financially if you receive any signing bonuses and if you have any hiccups in training it may affect your ability to get on elsewhere (PRIA reportable events).
Quote: Depending where you live, it could be. We'll also have to wait and see what the current negotiations yield. A lot will be really disappointed if it isn't, at minimum, the hourly pay of Republic. Management has stated they are embarrassed at what the current pay is.

Like any airline, it could be very good to get in now before the negotiations end.... or not.
Are you for real? The pilots should be emb
Quote: Are you for real? The pilots should be emb
Embarrassed. They agreed to it
Quote: Half a million a year at AA?
The current Delta top earner is over $600K. Very rare, and special case however.
Quote: Embarrassed. They agreed to it
The best part is that SkyWest isn't even unionized anyway. It's not like there is some force field preventing the company from giving more money if they are "embarrassed" by current pay. Even if they were unionized, do you think a union out there would say no to a free pay increase if there were no strings attached?

Nonbinding pilot "agreement" to changes to policy is an amazing scam they have going.
Quote: The current Delta top earner is over $600K. Very rare, and special case however.
SWA has the “500 club”. Doable
Quote: The current Delta top earner is over $600K. Very rare, and special case however.

I know of one who made $750k in 2016. Had less than 8 days off a month. More power to him, though.
Quote: I know of one who made $750k in 2016. Had less than 8 days off a month. More power to him, though.
That's a lot of alimony.
Quote: I know of one who made $750k in 2016. Had less than 8 days off a month. More power to him, though.

First it's your time for the money...then it's your money for more time.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 4 of 9
Go to