Millennial 'oddity' thread:

Subscribe
12  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  32 
Page 22 of 33
Go to
Wait, so when everyone is talking about all the weirdos they’re seeing on the line, and you aren’t seeing any weirdos, does that make YOU the weirdo??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: Wait, 58 looks to be "about retirement age"? I wish.

As far as adjusting the seat during takeoff, I noticed quite a few fo's doing that. I guess it must be a "thing". Seems weird to me, I personally just accept it if I realize my seat doesn't feel quite right, seems too late at that point. But I'm finding that now I'm looking over, waiting for the guy to finish before I give them the airplane. Seems to be a trend.
Are you on the 767?

Due to our “below the line” portion of the BTO checklist and it’s requirements to reach all over the cockpit I find that I’m occasionally rushed when going from checklist mode to “I have the airplane” mode and it may require a minor adjustment to seat.

UA
Quote: Are you on the 767?

Due to our “below the line” portion of the BTO checklist and it’s requirements to reach all over the cockpit I find that I’m occasionally rushed when going from checklist mode to “I have the airplane” mode and it may require a minor adjustment to seat.

UA
Has to be about the worst place they could have put that button.
Quote: Are you on the 767?

UA
Nope, not on the 767. Seems like if that's an issue, it should be addressed somehow.
FedEx Named to Fortune Magazine’s 2018 Best Workplaces for Millennials List

https://about.van.fedex.com/newsroom...lennials-list/
Quote: FedEx Named to Fortune Magazine’s 2018 Best Workplaces for Millennials List

https://about.van.fedex.com/newsroom...lennials-list/
I’ll buy that, I’m a millennial and I love my job.
Hey serious question from someone from the millennial age(well almost). After rotation once pitch is set I like to raise my seat up a bit so I can see out better over the nose if need be for traffic. But I don’t like it that high for takeoff. Is this a bad habit?
Quote: Hey serious question from someone from the millennial age(well almost). After rotation once pitch is set I like to raise my seat up a bit so I can see out better over the nose if need be for traffic. But I don’t like it that high for takeoff. Is this a bad habit?
Probably depends on the seat. Electric motor ok. 757 bad. Either way waiting until the VNAV call will save you from a berating from a tight assk.
Quote: Hey serious question from someone from the millennial age(well almost). After rotation once pitch is set I like to raise my seat up a bit so I can see out better over the nose if need be for traffic. But I don’t like it that high for takeoff. Is this a bad habit?
Sounds like you're making something simple overly complicated. It seems like most transport category aircraft recommend your line of sight be tangent to the glare shield. Why would you have your seat so low on takeoff that you can't scan for traffic once you're airborne?

Sometimes I get in the seat during a swap for a rest break with someone about my height and I feel like this guy.....
He must have one great view of the PFD - smack in front of his face, but not much else.

Yes this is a bad habit. It's rare, but I've had the occasional seat fail to mechanically latch and then you're on the floor with your knees in your chest.
(And yes, even electrical motors fail...especially the way FedEx treats the seats as Fly to Fail items)

Not a huge deal, and easy to transfer control..but still, why?

Pick a happy middle ground or turn the autopilot on early and then adjust it.

If you're worried about running into someone within a mile or two of the airport during that initial climb you should've stayed on the ground a bit longer
12  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  32 
Page 22 of 33
Go to