Be very careful with the "SCAB" word

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to
In reference to the other thread that was closed, those were not Boeing pilots. Boeing came up with an idea to use contract pilots (Cambridge Communications limited) to deliver aircraft and train pilots around the world. The actual Boeing pilots have been fighting for a contract for years. I knew a guy who told everybody he was going to Boeing but I quizzed him, as he wasn't American, and after some careful questioning, he did admit he was not actually going to Boeing. It would not surprise me if he was in Colombia flying the 787.

A number of airlines around the world are using these guys. Mostly foreign carriers. So, if you really want to support Boeing pilots, stop flying Boeings. We all know that is not going to happen. Just stop throwing the word Scab around like Candy, it's irresponsible.
I would love to not fly a Boeing!
Boeing has very much disappointed me over the past decade or so.
The guys in Colombia are scabs.
Quote: The guys in Colombia are scabs.
Definitely.

We need a list.

When I started in this industry, most captains wanted to see your union card for a Jumpseat. And most carried a scab list.

Same with checkrides.

That’s the way it should be.

You **** your buddies like that, and the lifetime of payback is well deserved.
Quote: In reference to the other thread that was closed, those were not Boeing pilots. Boeing came up with an idea to use contract pilots (Cambridge Communications limited) to deliver aircraft and train pilots around the world. The actual Boeing pilots have been fighting for a contract for years. I knew a guy who told everybody he was going to Boeing but I quizzed him, as he wasn't American, and after some careful questioning, he did admit he was not actually going to Boeing. It would not surprise me if he was in Colombia flying the 787.

A number of airlines around the world are using these guys. Mostly foreign carriers. So, if you really want to support Boeing pilots, stop flying Boeings. We all know that is not going to happen. Just stop throwing the word Scab around like Candy, it's irresponsible.
OK, Boeing has abused AMPA pilots since at least 2012, and by your own words "Boeing came up with the idea". So why exactly aren't these Boeing's scabs?

They crossed a picket line and flew struck work. "throwing the word scab around like candy"? Gimme a break, these guys ARE scabs. I'll give you that they aren't AMPA members, but the Avianca debacle was organized and facilitated by BCA, they ARE Boeing's scabs. No?
Providing pilots as initial cadre/trainers/whatever for 6 months that was agreed upon...ok. Flying struck work outside of that scope...scab. Jmo
Quote: Definitely.

We need a list.

When I started in this industry, most captains wanted to see your union card for a Jumpseat. And most carried a scab list.

Same with checkrides.

That’s the way it should be.

You **** your buddies like that, and the lifetime of payback is well deserved.
Not scabs.

Scab like behavior yes, I wouldn't want them at my company.

I wouldn't mind having a list (but it cannot be posted on APC).
Quote: Not scabs.

Scab like behavior yes, I wouldn't want them at my company.

I wouldn't mind having a list (but it cannot be posted on APC).
Not scabs? How do you figure?

This cadre of pilots performed struck work at the expense of Avianca pilots who were striking (and being fired for striking).

Absolutely scabs.
Quote: Not scabs? How do you figure?

This cadre of pilots performed struck work at the expense of Avianca pilots who were striking (and being fired for striking).

Absolutely scabs.
They didn't cross a picket line, not scabs.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to