Updated newhire/furlough Class dates for 2018

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 3 of 6
Go to
Quote: Seriously. Unless that dude lives in a hub I would find it hard to start over again .
Ever jumpseat on FedEx or UPS where you had to sit through a sort?
Quote: There are no other reasons to leave one airline for another?
To leave fedex it would take a lot, like living in base wherever you are going

Quote: He may not dig night flying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats such a tired argument. He must not want to fly international at any passenger airline either then? Fedex has a lot of non night flying. I know guys there with less than a year on property and they aren’t doing “all night flying”
Quote: To leave fedex it would take a lot, like living in base wherever you are going

Thats such a tired argument. He must not want to fly international at any passenger airline either then? Fedex has a lot of non night flying. I know guys there with less than a year on property and they aren’t doing “all night flying”
1. Depends on how long the pilot was at FedEx.
2. Night freight and sitting through a sort will make you old fast, day freight beats the heck out of flying passengers. Lots of pilots don't ever fly long haul international because they don’t want to work nights. There are many super senior captains not on the wide bodies at every airline. Personally I feel better pushing 50 flying here on the 737 than I did 20 years ago playing the night freight game.
Quote: June 4
June 18
New - July 9 (30 Pilots)
New - August 6
New - September 10
New - October 8
Is this still the current plan? Is there an expectation/rumor of 2 classes in the 'new' months above, or will it be after?
Quote: Is this still the current plan? Is there an expectation/rumor of 2 classes in the 'new' months above, or will it be after?
Still the plan but I have heard rumors of more classes being run. Because of the furloughed pilots most likely nothing will be added within 30 days.
Anyone keeping a tally on the total newhires this year?
Anyone know the class size for June 18th class?
Quote: Anyone know the class size for June 18th class?
50ish....depends on furloughs
Before June classes I think we were around 180. So if it’s 40 on June 5th and 40-50 more than 250-300 by the end of June with maybe another 200-250 by the end of year if they keep 50/class and don’t add anymore then ~500. That is an uneducated guess.
Quote: Before June classes I think we were around 180. So if it’s 40 on June 5th and 40-50 more than 250-300 by the end of June with maybe another 200-250 by the end of year if they keep 50/class and don’t add anymore then ~500. That is an uneducated guess.
I've heard interviews are on hold - could it be possible that the pool will be empty by 2019?
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 3 of 6
Go to