Delta FTI

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 4 of 4
Go to
Quote: ...our line pilot cadre has a low opinion of our SLI's and neither side wants to expend the negotiating capital to improve the job.
Where did you hear that?

The SLI gig is a pretty good deal as is, especially for those who live in ATL. It could be made more commuter friendly, and I don't think anyone is against that, although the need for that is one heavily in the company's corner vs the pilot group. There's no need for concessions on our end to make it happen for sure.

I fully support more SLI's because that directly benefits the entire pilot group.
Most guys I've talked to won't get serious about SLI until they have PS to/from and hotels paid. I can't see why anyone, not living in ATL, even goes for those jobs. Sure you get a little extra pay, but for A LOT more pain and effort.
Quote: Where did you hear that?

The SLI gig is a pretty good deal as is for those who live in ATL. It could be made more commuter friendly, and I don't think anyone is against that, although the need for that is one heavily in the company's corner vs the pilot group. There's no need for concessions on our end to make it happen for sure.

I fully support more SLI's because that directly benefits the entire pilot group.
Fixed it for you. Spending 17 days a month in Atlanta for 85 hours while paying for a Crashpad is not a good deal unless you’re very junior and can’t hold an ER position or above. Then that extra 30-45 dollars an hour does add up. But if you’re that junior with the way we’ve been hiring, how much line experience do you really have? How well does a pilot who has nothing but MD-88 experience at Delta teach others about a 330 or 350?

It’s all about the $$$$$$
If E and F periods start making their way across all the fleets, it'll be interesting to see how many SLIs stay without any further incentives. Especially local SLIs, as it negates them being home every night. As far as I know E and F still pay 5 hours.
The whole point of hiring 13 new FTIs, is to get the SLIs back online full time so the company can save $$$$$. Fact..
1  2  3  4 
Page 4 of 4
Go to