Air Wisconsin Airman Trainee Program?

Subscribe
6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14 
Page 10 of 14
Go to
Quote: Got an email saying that the email sent out was a mistake
Translation: The content of the email was correct, the mistake was sending it too soon.
Quote: Translation: The content of the email was correct, the mistake was sending it too soon.
I have zero knowledge about the airman trainee program, but I very strongly doubt that there’s any relationship between that email and the future of the program. I got a similar email saying that the FO position I applied for (back in April) had been cancelled, and a similar follow up saying it was accidentally generated. They certainly aren’t planning to stop hiring FOs anytime soon.
Quote: Anyone received an email stating the program has been rescinded? Thanks for the reply...
It most likely is gonna get cancelled with the new aviate program.
Had my interview yesterday. Looks like out of ten people only three of us made it. It was a positive experience and seems like a pretty good program.
Quote: It most likely is gonna get cancelled with the new aviate program.
This is the latest email they’re sending out:

Hello,

Thank you for your application to Air Wisconsin’s Airman Trainee Program. Currently, we are not enrolling any new airmen trainees into the program as we work with United Airlines to optimize our new Aviate program.

We are still viewing Airman Trainee candidates and will keep you in the interview pool once we restart our interview sessions. Once interview
sessions are schedule, we will reach out to you via email to notify you.

...I’m not expecting to get an interview anytime soon. It sucks because I liked the concept of the program. I have a feeling that they’re going to evaluate how Aviate works out as a marketing tool. If they get flooded with applications in the next few months from candidates applying as a direct result of Aviate I could see airman trainee going away. If Aviate is a marketing flop maybe they’ll go back to Airman Trainee or come up with the next big thing. By that point I’ll be at ATP minimums so it won’t matter.

For me personally I’d prefer Airman Trainee as a marketing gimmick. Getting flight benefits sooner and a mentor to help you prepare for training is great. Getting the chance to apply for United is something you can do no matter what airline you work for. From what I’m reading on these forums the success rate of Aviate candidates is only slightly better then that of off the street applicants. It’s still a good program if you were planning on going to Air Wis anyways, but it wouldn’t be a selling factor for me
For those who havent heard, the Airman Trainee program is in the process of closing. An email was sent to ATs offering an opt-out or be subject to program cancelation which is expected October 2020. It was a good ride, we'll see how it turns out.
Quote: For those who havent heard, the Airman Trainee program is in the process of closing. An email was sent to ATs offering an opt-out or be subject to program cancelation which is expected October 2020. It was a good ride, we'll see how it turns out.
hmm, same time as when the cares act expires
They stopped accepting people when Aviate started. I guess now they’re just finally pushing everyone out who was already in it since there’s no need to have a recruiting tool during times of no hiring
Quote: They stopped accepting people when Aviate started. I guess now they’re just finally pushing everyone out who was already in it since there’s no need to have a recruiting tool during times of no hiring
I personally am very glad to see the program go away. The non rev benefits while in the program were fine and even the vesting advantages for benefits as well but the longevity that was used for priority over same pilot-hire-date non trainee pilots was an attack on seniority and the CBA.
Oct 1 Federal Gov’t with support of the President will delay furlough and layoffs again

Election is November. I just doubt the President of the United States being who he is would allow these major airlines to layoff/furlough employees 1 month prior to the Presidential election.

Just my thoughts and vibes. Why else would the deal be no layoffs until Sept 30?

Round 2 airline funding discussions will start just before Sept 30th.
6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14 
Page 10 of 14
Go to