[Breeze] Airways

Subscribe
113  163  203  209  210  211  212  213  214  215  216  217  223  263  313 
Page 213 of 486
Go to
Quote: Exactly. I think they’ll close the doors after Xmas. They just don’t want to throw ppl out before the holidays (being NICE!). The word is out though, Breeze CKA are running out the doors with the inside scoop. Allegiant will take the 220 orders. The Delta or better contract + international trips next year will help G4 staff those airplanes.
What has G4 been putting in y’all’s kool aid?
Quote: Exactly. I think they’ll close the doors after Xmas. They just don’t want to throw ppl out before the holidays (being NICE!). The word is out though, Breeze CKA are running out the doors with the inside scoop. Allegiant will take the 220 orders. The Delta or better contract + international trips next year will help G4 staff those airplanes.
No but what are you actually smoking?
Quote: For folks at breeze,

How junior is the ORF base? What are upgrade times looking for someone looking to get in for a CA seat in ORF?
Junior is a relative term here. No one really knows what the upgrade times look like because instead of upgrading people into bases where they need coverage, Breeze is allowing FO’s to upgrade and then sit in their current base as a senior FO until they can hold the base of their choice.

That being said, ORF is the smallest base for the group and has become a revolving door at the bottom end of the list on the FO side. The CA side is a bit of a fortress at the top.
Quote: Junior is a relative term here. No one really knows what the upgrade times look like because instead of upgrading people into bases where they need coverage, Breeze is allowing FO’s to upgrade and then sit in their current base as a senior FO until they can hold the base of their choice.

That being said, ORF is the smallest base for the group and has become a revolving door at the bottom end of the list on the FO side. The CA side is a bit of a fortress at the top.
Thats not how things have happened.

The initial 11 pilots who have or were sent through upgrade without an actual CA vacancy award were all asked individually to go back through training to be trained as captains for the future. We should have been trained as CQFOs from the get go… but there was no immediate need for those pilots to be in the left seat upon finishing training. It was due to the company receiving a huge stack of Pria’s from CAs and they panicked expecting to lose a bunch of pilots all at once. Further more all six of the original “upgrades” were promised the vacancy in July they would hold a CA seat and there was only two or three vacancies total with only 1 of the six getting a seat.

this January vacancy is the first time upgrades will happen because of projected vacancies due to growth. Everything to date has been to cover attrition.
Quote: Thats not how things have happened.

The initial 11 pilots who have or were sent through upgrade without an actual CA vacancy award were all asked individually to go back through training to be trained as captains for the future. We should have been trained as CQFOs from the get go… but there was no immediate need for those pilots to be in the left seat upon finishing training. It was due to the company receiving a huge stack of Pria’s from CAs and they panicked expecting to lose a bunch of pilots all at once. Further more all six of the original “upgrades” were promised the vacancy in July they would hold a CA seat and there was only two or three vacancies total with only 1 of the six getting a seat.

this January vacancy is the first time upgrades will happen because of projected vacancies due to growth. Everything to date has been to cover attrition.
Interesting. And what is the current attrition?
Attrition? I thought the whole reason of going to a startup and accepting sub-standard pay was to grab the brass ring of a good seniority number.
Quote: Thats not how things have happened.

Right, so that combined with the lack of sim availability next month, as I said before no one really knows what the upgrade times are going to look like for the short term future.
Quote: Nope, as long as it’s timed properly, they will likely be 4 leg day-trips like the rest of the system. Outta Tampa we have 7:30/7:35/8:20 scheduled block days already.

For PBI, 3/6 routes are from our bases so I would imagine the other 3 routes in some combination can be flown from the current bases.

my guess is MSY-PBI-RIC, ORF-PBI-CMH and CHS-PBI-CAK

However if PBI gets more destinations or they expand these flights to week days as well, I could see it being a base. The biggest issue currently is there is no available plane to allow for PBI basing.
A 8:20 block day will never work out of Tampa in the summer with reasonable reliability.
Quote: Right, so that combined with the lack of sim availability next month, as I said before no one really knows what the upgrade times are going to look like for the short term future.
‘So someone hired today or early next might be looking at a year or so for upgrades realistically with training backlogs and current FOs on property who are in line for the upgrade? I thinking about putting my name in the hat but that FO pay going to hurt but the prospect of a quick upgrade (better pay but not quite industry standard) and living in base is a attractive proposition.
Quote: A 8:20 block day will never work out of Tampa in the summer with reasonable reliability.

It worked sometimes ha. Several times it ended up with a nice short day and 8:20 pay.
113  163  203  209  210  211  212  213  214  215  216  217  223  263  313 
Page 213 of 486
Go to