Kalitta Air (K4) Information

Subscribe
7  57  97  103  104  105  106  107  108  109  110  111  117  157  207 
Page 107 of 435
Go to
Quote: How do they cheap out?
Travel has tried in the past to put pilots on what we consider, less than adequate airlines. An example was Spirit, because it saved them 100.00 on a ticket. Because things don’t come out of the same travel budget, company management was unaware that there was a 150.00 limo ride and pilots were checking bags at the gate adding another 150.00 to the ticket. Once management was made aware that the 100.00 savings actually cost 200 more they stopped requiring us to stuff our fat bodies into middle seats on Spirit.

That doesn’t mean you cannot fly Spirit if it is more convenient for you. They just won’t put you on them. I will say, while riding on Spirit I was treated very very well by all of the Spirit employees.
Quote: Travel has tried in the past to put pilots on what we consider, less than adequate airlines. An example was Spirit, because it saved them 100.00 on a ticket. Because things don’t come out of the same travel budget, company management was unaware that there was a 150.00 limo ride and pilots were checking bags at the gate adding another 150.00 to the ticket. Once management was made aware that the 100.00 savings actually cost 200 more they stopped requiring us to stuff our fat bodies into middle seats on Spirit.

That doesn’t mean you cannot fly Spirit if it is more convenient for you. They just won’t put you on them. I will say, while riding on Spirit I was treated very very well by all of the Spirit employees.
Employees are great.....aircraft suck! Seats don't recline, no seat back pocket in front of you, tray table the size of a deck of cards. Just used them because of the time schedule but never again...
Quote: Employees are great.....aircraft suck! Seats don't recline, no seat back pocket in front of you, tray table the size of a deck of cards. Just used them because of the time schedule but never again...
Totally agree
I have at least 40 former colleagues that work for Spirit - most love the job ...but hate what goes on behind the cockpit door
I will never fly them - for any reason
Quote: Employees are great.....aircraft suck! Seats don't recline, no seat back pocket in front of you, tray table the size of a deck of cards. Just used them because of the time schedule but never again...
Yeah, Frontier and Spirit are like the Greyhound bus lines of the airways. The last time I was on Spirit, it seemed like they’d really benefit by employing a couple of “bouncers” to keep the peace in the back.
767 schedule
Was looking at January 767 lines. Who writes these schedules? The lines, especially west coast flying, look awful. They should just get rid of the term layover since anything greater then 10 hours is becoming a rare occurrence.
Quote: Was looking at January 767 lines. Who writes these schedules? The lines, especially west coast flying, look awful. They should just get rid of the term layover since anything greater then 10 hours is becoming a rare occurrence.
Were you placed on that aircraft involuntary? If so I am sorry to read this. If not......
Quick unrelated question:

Is the K4 pilot uniform still blue pants/blazer/tie? I'm debating using the uniform stipend I have now to buy blue pants if that's the case because all I have is black.
Quote: Quick unrelated question:

Is the K4 pilot uniform still blue pants/blazer/tie? I'm debating using the uniform stipend I have now to buy blue pants if that's the case because all I have is black.
You will be required to purchase uniforms from crew outfitters during Indoc so spend your allowance from your previous airline on something else. Doesn’t matter if you already have the same color or even if they are already from crew outfitters. They corral you week one and make you order a basic issue of so many shirts pants and so forth.

The leather jacket if I remember correctly is not a mandatory purchase however so if you can get that.. then that would be a good item.
Quote: Was looking at January 767 lines. Who writes these schedules? The lines, especially west coast flying, look awful. They should just get rid of the term layover since anything greater then 10 hours is becoming a rare occurrence.
You can fix those....a little to tired to fly.
Quote: You will be required to purchase uniforms from crew outfitters during Indoc so spend your allowance from your previous airline on something else. Doesn’t matter if you already have the same color or even if they are already from crew outfitters. They corral you week one and make you order a basic issue of so many shirts pants and so forth.

The leather jacket if I remember correctly is not a mandatory purchase however so if you can get that.. then that would be a good item.
4 shirts, 2 pants, leather jacket and a blazer are mandatory purchases. It was for classes after June. Not sure if they changed that now.
7  57  97  103  104  105  106  107  108  109  110  111  117  157  207 
Page 107 of 435
Go to