Kalitta Air (K4) Information

Subscribe
21  61  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  81  121  171 
Page 71 of 435
Go to
I use my own and uncover one ear and yell when I need to.
Quote: You definitely want ANR, it's a loud cockpit, but unfortunately most pilots don't like using intercom, so you have one earmuff off and shouting at each other. It's a wonderful thing when both pilots up front have ANR and like to use the intercom.
What you’re suggesting is far too civilized for both the 747 and 767 operations. I think anyone who’s been here for a considerable amount of time would feel out of place without constant yelling and shouting going on. Simulator or airplane, I’ve always enjoyed having to scream at the top of my lungs when trying to trouble shoot or fly.
Quote: What you’re suggesting is far too civilized for both the 747 and 767 operations. I think anyone who’s been here for a considerable amount of time would feel out of place without constant yelling and shouting going on. Simulator or airplane, I’ve always enjoyed having to scream at the top of my lungs when trying to trouble shoot or fly.
Deleted my post. What a bunch of bull****!!
Many of us more “seasoned” guys prefer to listen to the sounds the aircraft makes. It’s all we know and we’re used to it. I’ve tried ANR and frankly it kinda freaks me out because it’s too quiet. I do wish that all of our aircraft had constant on intercoms. I don’t like using the yoke switches because I inevitably broadcast something inappropriate. ☺️
Quote: Let me guess, you flew fighters?
Haha! I thought the same thing.
You'll wish you had used anr when your ears don't stop ringing at the end of the day.
Quote: You'll wish you had used anr when your ears don't stop ringing at the end of the day.
ANRs are for *****s!! The only reason my ears start ringing are because of my damn hearing aids!!
Any idea when the application window will open?

Thanks
Quote: Any idea when the application window will open?

Thanks
Rumor has it beginning of the year
Just heard from another buddy about some 3 month FO who’s going around trying to run the show and acting insubordinate. Seriously, is this really happening? No one cares about what you did at your last gig or how long you sat in the left seat..Why are we hiring people like this?
21  61  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  81  121  171 
Page 71 of 435
Go to