Positive space to work?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 7
Go to
Quote: It depends where you are actually based. If you are home based, then everything is company travel to your duty assignment. If you are based someplace and provided positive space travel on your own airline it would be imputed income. If your company is buying you a real ticket on any airline to go to work and you are Home Based there is no imputed income.
If your airline is giving you positive space and showing a DH on your schedule for FTDT purposes, then you are not getting imputed income and it is part of your duty day.
If you are not home based, and your company provides positive space travel to your domicile on your own carrier (or affiliate) it is imputed income. If they are buying you a ticket from home to your domicile on another carrier, it could also be imputed income. At that point it would depend how they record the travel; if they show it as part of your duty day, no imputed income.... if not, pay up.
Clear as mud?
We at one point threw a bunch of tea in a harbor... what happened
Quote: This thread got me thinking about Atlas. This is what it says on APC

Are they the only airline that does this then? Are they helping the pilots out with their tax calculations? Or are they charging pilots for something other airlines foot the tax bill for??
From talking to Atlas guys, it is that way because a manager was being vindictive and said it was taxable to discourage pilots from using it. Now that the IRS has their hands on it they have to change the contract to get out of that. Other carriers that do the positive space don't do it as imputed income.
Quote: If they do they need to come up with a similar compensation increase for those who chose to live in base.
No they don't.
Quote: No they don't.
Why should people that choose to commute get extra compensation?
Quote: We at one point threw a bunch of tea in a harbor... what happened
Off topic alert...

70 years of liberalism

65 years ago a bunch of 18 year old men stormed beaches in far away lands to put down dictators and restore freedom to the world. Today our same 18 year old men don’t know which bathroom to use, are afraid to wink at a chick for fear of getting labeled sexist, and need a safe space to go cry....

Yep; all these small little progressive changes/improvements they’ve made sure have improved our society and strengthened our country.

But I digress...
Quote: From talking to Atlas guys, it is that way because a manager was being vindictive and said it was taxable to discourage pilots from using it. Now that the IRS has their hands on it they have to change the contract to get out of that. Other carriers that do the positive space don't do it as imputed income.
Sad but not surprising
Quote: Why should people that choose to commute get extra compensation?
To offset the extra personal time they give up.
Quote: To offset the extra personal time they give up.
Hahahs. No. Don't like it then move.
No, you move.
Quote: To offset the extra personal time they give up.
And they can pay me extra for choosing to live in base, making me more productive for them, which is inevitably more expensive COL for me than commuting.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 7
Go to