Omni, Atlas, or Kalitta ?

Subscribe
7  8  9  10  11  12 
Page 11 of 12
Go to
Anyone have first hand knowledge of if Omni has zed/ID90s with anyone, and if so, on whom?

Also of Kalitta, Omni, and Atlas which tends to do less of Asia and more of Africa/Middle-east?

Thank you!
Quote: Also of Kalitta, Omni, and Atlas which tends to do less of Asia and more of Africa/Middle-east?

Thank you!
It isn’t Kalitta. I’m constantly in China/Hong Kong/Korea
Western Global does Africa. Atlas 747 JFK, ORD, CVG, MIA reserve or 767JFK does middle East. I would guess Omni also does ME w their troop flying...
Quote: Anyone have first hand knowledge of if Omni has zed/ID90s with anyone, and if so, on whom?

Also of Kalitta, Omni, and Atlas which tends to do less of Asia and more of Africa/Middle-east?

Thank you!
Omni has no ZED/ID90s, but does have travel benefits with United that kick in after 1 year. I believe they are at a higher priority and cheaper than ZEDs.
Quote: Western Global does Africa.
With one airplane.
OAI is about 70% ME flying - EU flying (apart from stuff in North America).
Quote: What makes you place WGA over Omni?
Yeah, no kidding. WG has improved greatly, but Omni is still the better deal.

First year FO guarantee pay is $700 a month more at Omni
Top CA pay is $7,000 a month more at Omni.

Western Global definately improved to be a real job, but it’s still short of K4, Omni and about even with ATI I think. ATI starts a bit lower, but CA pay goes a bit higher than WG, so it looks about even.
Quote: Anyone have first hand knowledge of if Omni has zed/ID90s with anyone, and if so, on whom?

Thank you!
You’re going to be executive platinum, mosaic, emerald and every other top tier travel program in short order at K4 or Omni where you get upgraded seating on long international flights. Those rack up points like mad. You’ll never use Standby or zeds ever again. Just cash in some award points for real tickets for your family vacation. Do the same for your vacation hotels.

K4 and Omni both have jumpseat agreements with just about everybody.
Great info ya’ll! Thank you so much!

Regional guy here that’s burned out of Midwest overnights and really just needs a change of pace. Got into this job to see the world, not just North Dakota. Been chatting with some alumni from my current airline that are at Atlas that say I would love the schedule, destinations and lifestyle.

Just wanted to pick y’alls brains on the right fit. Currently living in LA and understand all three (kalitta, Omni and Atlas) are home based, but is any one of the three better for quality of life out of LA?

I have read enough of the forums to know better then to ask a typical schedule. But I’m curious if being this far west will doom me to exclusively Asia and Oceania flying. I would prefer to fly to places that I would never consider going to on vacation but from conversations I’ve had it seems most those locations launch from the east coast.

Lastly I plan on renting cars, kayaks, sailboats, motorcycles and getting out on the overnights. Of the three, which would be more conducive to an adventurous lifestyle?

Hope these questions stir some interesting debate! I’ve already poured through the monetary pros and cons and know my order in preference with all things being equal. Just looking for which one will lead to the best bar stories later in life.

Happy New Year!
Quote: Great info ya’ll! Thank you so much!

Regional guy here that’s burned out of Midwest overnights and really just needs a change of pace. Got into this job to see the world, not just North Dakota. Been chatting with some alumni from my current airline that are at Atlas that say I would love the schedule, destinations and lifestyle.

Just wanted to pick y’alls brains on the right fit. Currently living in LA and understand all three (kalitta, Omni and Atlas) are home based, but is any one of the three better for quality of life out of LA?

I have read enough of the forums to know better then to ask a typical schedule. But I’m curious if being this far west will doom me to exclusively Asia and Oceania flying. I would prefer to fly to places that I would never consider going to on vacation but from conversations I’ve had it seems most those locations launch from the east coast.

Lastly I plan on renting cars, kayaks, sailboats, motorcycles and getting out on the overnights. Of the three, which would be more conducive to an adventurous lifestyle?

Hope these questions stir some interesting debate! I’ve already poured through the monetary pros and cons and know my order in preference with all things being equal. Just looking for which one will lead to the best bar stories later in life.

Happy New Year!
Doesn’t matter, they’ll fly you to the plane from wherever you live. I’ve seen them fly guys that live in Vegas to Boston to do a contract airline charter, and at the same time fly a guy from Massachusetts to Vegas to go fill in on a Hawaii run.

Lots more time off at the RON’s with Omni. Average guy flys 25-45 hours a month and takes the 64 guarantee. The rest of the time is in various cities on short or long call reserve. Plenty of time to go sightseeing. You’ll make more money at Kalitta, but will fly 2-3 times the hours monthly.
7  8  9  10  11  12 
Page 11 of 12
Go to