Class Drop List

Subscribe
15  55  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  75  115  165 
Page 65 of 245
Go to
Quote: Good to hear! Anyone have any insight on MIA? I could even PM if necessary
PM sent....
Quote: In base reserve here isn't that bad, so for some, this is the perfect scenario.
Living in base sitting reserve ain't bad at all. At least in DFW, couple of more senior guys proffer Standby so they have a place to go for the day, so you just sit home and not work.
Good thread. I am about to interview and obtaining MIA will be a big plus. Any word on fleet upgrade for MIA?
Quote: Good thread. I am about to interview and obtaining MIA will be a big plus. Any word on fleet upgrade for MIA?
If you want to fly a 175 out of MIA, go to Republic.
Quote: Good thread. I am about to interview and obtaining MIA will be a big plus. Any word on fleet upgrade for MIA?
You will have to fly the 145.

The 175 at Envoy doesn't have overwater equipment and probably never will. It weighs 500 pounds and hurts payload on our longer routes (DFW-YYC). Republic has a dedicated fleet of overwater 175s. They will be AA's 175 lift in MIA for a long time to come.

I kinda wonder about the long term viability of our 145 flying out of MIA.
Quote: You will have to fly the 145.

The 175 at Envoy doesn't have overwater equipment and probably never will. It weighs 500 pounds and hurts payload on our longer routes (DFW-YYC). Republic has a dedicated fleet of overwater 175s. They will be AA's 175 lift in MIA for a long time to come.

Yeah pretty sure RW said the overwater thing was "dead in the water", no pun intended. Envoy wanted to keep Canada flying as their bread and butter so to speak.
Until recently we were taking a bite of Republic’s over land MIA routes every couple months. Not sure how things have shaped up since the projection showed like 1/5 of the MIA flying going away though.
Quote: You will have to fly the 145.

I guess they sent all the MIA mechanics to 175 training recently for no reason then.
Quote: I guess they sent all the MIA mechanics to 175 training recently for no reason then.
They're getting ready to displace them to the new LAX base.
An FA told me this today. She heard it from a reliable source.
Quote: They're getting ready to displace them to the new LAX base.
An FA told me this today. She heard it from a reliable source.
Perfect, no mechanics in MIA then.
15  55  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  75  115  165 
Page 65 of 245
Go to