Upgrade Times - Simple Data

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 5 of 6
Go to
Quote: Wait, isn’t history repeating its self? Did this not happened decades ago in the 1970’s with newly branded civilian commercial pilots @ 250hrs flying big, fast, more complicated systems jets than we have now?

Speak with any UAL Pilots, Golden Boys Pilots from Northwest Airlines (now Delta), or AA old-timers now retiring. Ask these greatest generation pilots now retiring what the hiring environment was like in the days. Ask them how many hours they needed to have to get hired in the late 1970’s early 1980’s, after the “Military Pilot Pool” were depleted. The people many are complaining about now have far more hours than those from the civilian ranks then now retiring. Ok, I granted many were 727 Flight Engineers, but many were also hired straight into the right seat of a mainline aircraft. Training & Safety systems have improved, as, Crew Concepts introduced and evolved. Automation removed many Second Officer positions, reduced workload, and increased Situational Awareness. Pubs and approaches improved, clean clear concise communications, ATC radar and awareness and training improvements, Phraseology improvement, technology, processes, simplified procedures. Easier to read EPC, QRH, CHECKLIST, IPads EFB programs and publications.

Not everyone is a square trying to fit in a circle kinda stupid. Not everyone who goes to an LLC “has some kind of ding on their record or training issues.”

We are in the age of “Train to Proficiency.” A proven philosophy that has worked in this industry at-least 1 generation prior to the current.

You will not die, you will get use to it. You will be assimilated and adjust to the changing times. History is only repeating its self.

Things suck now for many, but will get better really soon one way or the other. You guys are great! Keep fighting!
I can also think of a bunch of low time guys that went to work for eastern back in the 80s... If it quacks like a duck...
Quote: Captains need a do not fly list no R-ATP.......
COME ON ALPA
We don't want the poor new Junior Captain's to have to fly with new Junior FO's. That would be to stressful of a combo. We need the Senior Captains to deal with them R-ATP's and teach them the vast knowledge that you have, so the Junior Captains can relax some with the skilled FO's on these lovely Red-eyes they do until they can hold day flying and have settled into the left seat!....
Quote: What part of my post makes you think I am F9 office? I am a captain at NK, live in Denver, and thought I would end up at F9 (not UA material apparently). I follow what is going on, and feel bad for what is going on, I just think there was some misdirected anger in that post.
My apologies
Quote: We don't want the poor new Junior Captain's to have to fly with new Junior FO's. That would be to stressful of a combo. We need the Senior Captains to deal with them R-ATP's and teach them the vast knowledge that you have, so the Junior Captains can relax some with the skilled FO's on these lovely Red-eyes they do until they can hold day flying and have settled into the left seat!....
Not at all.....
Them R-ATP’s need to learn some real world stick flying single pilot nite, weather, cargo, mail, no autopilot, experience so if the “bad day” happens they are of some use in the right seat not sobbing 😭 sucking their thumb and begging for a blankie....
Quote: Not at all.....
Them R-ATP’s need to learn some real world stick flying single pilot nite, weather, cargo, mail, no autopilot, experience so if the “bad day” happens they are of some use in the right seat not sobbing 😭 sucking their thumb and begging for a blankie....
I sense sarcasm.
Quote: Them R-ATP’s need to learn some real world stick flying single pilot nite, weather, cargo, mail, no autopilot, experience so if the “bad day” happens they are of some use in the right seat
This is a fact.
Quote: This is a fact.
I think the use of the posters grammar shows the caliber of those individuals that come from said, "single pilot, nite, cargo." If you mean you want to fly with somebody that has nearly killed themselves numerous times, while breaking numerous FARs, then be my guest. I would much prefer flying with a CFI than somebody that thinks they are hot poop talking about their Lear 25. Just like when I was at the regionals.

That's all assuming the fact that these jobs even exist. You wonder why people come here? Well why in the heck would they go do single pilot cargo at night? No thank you.
Quote: I think the use of the posters grammar shows the caliber of those individuals that come from said, "single pilot, nite, cargo." If you mean you want to fly with somebody that has nearly killed themselves numerous times, while breaking numerous FARs, then be my guest. I would much prefer flying with a CFI than somebody that thinks they are hot poop talking about their Lear 25. Just like when I was at the regionals.

That's all assuming the fact that these jobs even exist. You wonder why people come here? Well why in the heck would they go do single pilot cargo at night? No thank you.
Lame post... Sounds bitter to me ..
Quote: Lame post... Sounds bitter to me ..
....or butt hurt Sorry, had to say it.
Quote: My apologies
No problem
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 5 of 6
Go to