Logbook discrepancies

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote: I won’t be of any help but WTF is up with this nickle and diming by these airlines.
It’s like obsessive fixation on something irrelevant.
You have years of airline experience, PRIA, type ratings all the scars to prove it and they’re going to trip over a line item.
Ridiculous.
Especially since almost everybody stops logging once you’re hired by a major.

* I keep a paper logbook for nostalgic reasons.
Yep, I failed an interview at a 121 for not signing a couple of pages of my old paper log book and had to sit and get berated for a good five minutes by a 21 year old FO who had probably been with the company 6 months.

I only brought the paper one because I had my original training signatures and endorsements in it. Went electronic right around my commercial check ride and haven’t even looked at my paper one since. Yet with nearly 1000 pages printed out at thier request of my meticulous electronic logbook with significant events tabs and highlighted “and signed” becuase my paper log book had a couple of pages unsigned this kid went ballistic. I probably dodged a bullet having to sit in a cockpit for hours with Capt. Clueless.
Quote: Yep, I failed an interview at a 121 for not signing a couple of pages of my old paper log book and had to sit and get berated for a good five minutes by a 21 year old FO who had probably been with the company 6 months.

I only brought the paper one because I had my original training signatures and endorsements in it. Went electronic right around my commercial check ride and haven’t even looked at my paper one since. Yet with nearly 1000 pages printed out at thier request of my meticulous electronic logbook with significant events tabs and highlighted “and signed” becuase my paper log book had a couple of pages unsigned this kid went ballistic. I probably dodged a bullet having to sit in a cockpit for hours with Capt. Clueless.
Was this a regional?

"Whaddayaexpect" springs to mind.
Quote: Yep, I failed an interview at a 121 for not signing a couple of pages of my old paper log book and had to sit and get berated for a good five minutes by a 21 year old FO who had probably been with the company 6 months.

Wow.
Thanks for the replies

Couldn't you have just grabbed a pen and signed those pages right then and there? It's your log book. It's you. That should have cleared up any "issue" right then.
Quote: Couldn't you have just grabbed a pen and signed those pages right then and there? It's your log book. It's you. That should have cleared up any "issue" right then.
Might be an interview tactic... go off the deep end about something trivial just to see how the applicant will respond. Escalating, simmering anger, or folding under pressure are not what they want to see.

A calm, collected offer to sign the pages on the spot might have done the trick.
Quote: Might be an interview tactic... go off the deep end about something trivial just to see how the applicant will respond. Escalating, simmering anger, or folding under pressure are not what they want to see.

A calm, collected offer to sign the pages on the spot might have done the trick.
That would be a pretty unique strategy for a regional interview.
Quote: That would be a pretty unique strategy for a regional interview.
Not really, I've seen it. Well maybe not so much these days.
" Couldn't you have just grabbed a pen ( stabbed that fool in the throat ) and signed those pages right then and there? "

Can you feel The Love tonight?

Quote: I keep my old-school paper logbook up-to-date, and all of my flight times are adding up correctly and are 100% accurate as far as I can tell. However, since I understand some majors want a break up of flight time by type, I decided to keep an electronic logbook as well, and just got done inputting all of my flight time into it. Some of it was done diretcly via downloading past flights through my current airline's system.

However, times were not matching up as they should. After double and triple checking, I have finally discovered why. On my paper logbook, flights are added using decimal time, whereas my e-logbook adds the exact flight time and then translates it to decimal time. For example, two 1:08 flights add up differently: 1.1+1.1= 2.2, vs 1:08+1:08= 2:16=2.3.

Do you all think this would be an issue during an interview? I plan on using my paper logbooks as my official logbook, but the whole point of getting the electronic one was to have an easy way to sort my flight time by type since I'm almost north of 10k hours and I cannot imagine doing that by hand.

Thanks.
I’m in the same situation. Very frustrated with mccPILOTLOG. I should never have bought it.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to