Retirement Plan Negotiations?

Subscribe
5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  19 
Page 9 of 28
Go to
I think it’s a good opportunity for the company to earn the trust of the crew force by exposing the downfall of this VB Plan and rejecting in best interest of the crew force
Quote: Only YOS stop means I'll never get to 25.

So what good does that do me?

Again, the guys with high 5 and 25 benefit at the expense of the rest of us suckers.
How many years do you have Nightflyer?

Get the impression from some of your comments that you're within a few years
Quote: +1.

Cause our negotiating has such a good history of language and interpretation... lol
Guess that's just another way of arguing stick with the status quo.
Better the devil you know than the one you don't.

Of course, some of us would like A plan Improvements, B plan improvements, QOL Improvements.

None of which can occur without negotiating.
Quote: Guess that's just another way of arguing stick with the status quo.

Of course, some of us would like A plan Improvements, B plan improvements, QOL Improvements.

Except we are not asking for any of that and we are trying something outside of section 6 negotiations.
Quote: Except we are not asking for any of that and we are trying something outside of section 6 negotiations.
Yep if we are gonna sell the A Plan let’s do it cheaply seems to be the game plan.
Quote: Guess that's just another way of arguing stick with the status quo.

But we’re not negotiating those things. Instead the MEC picked one option. And that is the only thing being negotiated.
Quote: Have you ever spoken to him about the VB Plan? If not I suggest you do so and tell us what your thoughts are. Because I have, and it was a sales job.
No and I've never heard him speak on it...ever. But he's going to EVP where he will have about zero influence on it so probably not a big deal if you're concerned from that area??
How many YOS does a pilot need to be vested in the FedEx retirement pension? What if guys choose not to go until 65 or 25 YOS? And what is the X x 2% x YOS multiplier in that case? For retired military guys, I assume many of us will choose not to stay until 65, and most won’t be 25 YOS either.
Pretty sure it’s 5 years to vest.
Quote: How many YOS does a pilot need to be vested in the FedEx retirement pension? What if guys choose not to go until 65 or 25 YOS? And what is the X x 2% x YOS multiplier in that case? For retired military guys, I assume many of us will choose not to stay until 65, and most won’t be 25 YOS either.
I think 5 years to get vested. X is the average your high 5. For me I will retire with 21 years and currently have a high 5 ~250k. So 42% of 250k.
5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  19 
Page 9 of 28
Go to