The crewbus driver says.....

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
Latest rumors from the crewbus driver is that there's supposed to be an EUR FDA bid in the Fall and a January Bid with 175 777 captains. Anyone care to corroborate on embellish?
Quote: Latest rumors from the crewbus driver is that there's supposed to be an EUR FDA bid in the Fall and a January Bid with 175 777 captains. Anyone care to corroborate on embellish?
October SIG report just mentioned a bid in early 2019. No other details.

-UA
Yep heard it directly from one of the people who would have the direct knowledge of a EUR fall bid. They have almost 30 FO's and many Captains with notional awards to other seats who can leave anytime. Also need for expansion. No input on 777.
Quote: Latest rumors from the crewbus driver is that there's supposed to be an EUR FDA bid in the Fall and a January Bid with 175 777 captains. Anyone care to corroborate on embellish?

We are getting eight 777s this year. They have to have a 777 bid soon.
Isn’t it fall right now?
Quote: Isn’t it fall right now?
Leave science out of this!
Quote: Leave science out of this!

^^ That's just plain funny!

It makes sense to me that they would have a bid right after they know who is bailing in Dec 2019 and gives the advance notice. Caveat that with I have been here long enough to know that they DGAF what makes sense to me. But 2 out of 3 pilots agree with me.
Quote: Isn’t it fall right now?

Not in the Southern Hemisphere
I had one cup of coffee too many this morning and did some back of the napkin math for the 777 FO seat.

Bid 18-01 showed 124 vacancies in the 777 FO Seat. 63 777FO's bid to other categories. That means with backfill they had to fill 187 seats to staff the right seat of the 777 to the posted level of 624 pilots.

Now stay with me. 132 pilots were awarded positions TO the 777 FO seat. That means the company could put 55 new hires into the right seat of the 777. Looking at the current list they have put 51 new hires into the 777 FO position this year. That means they have 4 seats left for new hires and then they'll have to start winding down the list of pilots who have been denied slots.

That should also indicate a new bid is probably around the first of the year. I am thinking no bid this fall.

I only looked at the 777 right seat but I'm guessing most other categories are in a similar position. Simply put we are within a few months of completing the "training letter" even though we don't really do training letters like we used to.

Here is the other wrench; I am guessing some of those on SDP or who have simply not bid for a training date by choice may have buyers remorse. I would guess like a previous poster said that when they get the retirement notices and create a plan they will work up the bid. That way if anyone who is awaiting training bids a different position and holds it they won't have to be trained twice.

I get some of this is common sense but it certainly sounds close especially when the SIG just said expect a bid in early 19. It is also important because we need to make sure we know the numbers of seats that the company can offer to new hires and ensure that they don't exceed those numbers without first offering a bid to those of us on property.

-UA
In the last few years they have published FDA bids in Nov & DEC prior to publishing larger Vacancy bids in the following months.

UA, it seems you're pretty spot on with your assessment.
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to