Think GoJet will lose the Delta flying?

Subscribe
3  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16 
Page 13 of 16
Go to
Video has been pulled. A memo was apparently sent out by management claiming they have flying with DAL "booked through 2023".
Personally, I think bad news will come from UAL first in the next few months.
Quote: Video has been pulled. A memo was apparently sent out by management claiming they have flying with DAL "booked through 2023".
Personally, I think bad news will come from UAL first in the next few months.
Though the ceo said in video he sees gojet going away in12-24 months.....
Quote: Though the ceo said in video he sees gojet going away in12-24 months.....
That was the Delta CEO. If you figure they transfer one or two Comair planes a month to another Delta carrier you could see where it would take 12-24 months. Plus depending on the deliver schedule of the 175s starting in April or May you could see where that would take the same timeframe as well.
Quote: That was the Delta CEO. If you figure they transfer one or two Comair planes a month to another Delta carrier you could see where it would take 12-24 months. Plus depending on the deliver schedule of the 175s starting in April or May you could see where that would take the same timeframe as well.
All the 175’s are supposed to be online by Dec 2019.
Quote: All the 175’s are supposed to be online by Dec 2019.

OK.....so if the last one was delivered in Dec then that would be within the timeframe in the video. It was taken last fall. December 2019 would be within 12-24 months.

However delivery schedules change all the time, so that Dec 2019 date is not written in stone.
Quote: OK.....so if the last one was delivered in Dec then that would be within the timeframe in the video. It was taken last fall. December 2019 would be within 12-24 months.

However delivery schedules change all the time, so that Dec 2019 date is not written in stone.
I assume the 12-24 months was Delta’s prediction of GoJet’s demise. The Dec 2019 date is probably written into the end date of a CPA with United someplace. The delivery will have to be in Oct or Nov 2019 to make a Dec 2019 date happen due to conformity. GoJet is losing 700’s yet this year.
Quote: GoJet is losing 700’s yet this year.
Where would the 700's be going, and who is supposed to be getting the 175's talked about above? I suck at following the industry.
Quote: Where would the 700's be going, and who is supposed to be getting the 175's talked about above? I suck at following the industry.
I think people are getting contracts confused.
ExpressJet is getting 25 -175's under the UAL contract starting in June at the rate of 4/month. This means another United Express operator will be losing 25 -700's at a rate of 4/month starting in June to keep UAL below scope. GoJet has exactly 25 -700's operating for UAL, so the money in Vegas is betting that GoJet will lose this flying.
Those -700's will find work elsewhere, but probably not with "GoJet" on the side. Maybe overseas. who knows.
Quote: I think people are getting contracts confused.
ExpressJet is getting 25 -175's under the UAL contract starting in June at the rate of 4/month. This means another United Express operator will be losing 25 -700's at a rate of 4/month starting in June to keep UAL below scope. GoJet has exactly 25 -700's operating for UAL, so the money in Vegas is betting that GoJet will lose this flying.
Those -700's will find work elsewhere, but probably not with "GoJet" on the side. Maybe overseas. who knows.
Mesa has 20 700s so at a minimum it looks like GoJet would lose 5 and up to 25.
Quote: Mesa has 20 700s so at a minimum it looks like GoJet would lose 5 and up to 25.
Yes. It will probably be announced in the next few months. I'm sure whoever it is already knows but is keeping the information close hold to prevent a mass migration. There will be penalties if the contract is not fulfilled.
3  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16 
Page 13 of 16
Go to