GAMA / WHEELS UP - Current Pilot Experiences

Subscribe
18  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32 
Page 28 of 34
Go to
Still Hiring?
Is Gama still hiring lots of King Air pilots now that Wheels Up has acquired TMC? I want to apply, but I don't want to get let-go or have to re-apply at TMC during the merger madness.
Quote: Is Gama still hiring lots of King Air pilots now that Wheels Up has acquired TMC? I want to apply, but I don't want to get let-go or have to re-apply at TMC during the merger madness.
The chances of that happening are close to zero. Wheels Up recently renewed their 5 year contract with Gama. The major airlines use multiple regional carriers to supplement their lift and some they own out right.

Who knows what the future holds, but for now it’s safe to assume the status quo.
The whipsaw theory doesn’t hold water either. 10-15 years ago that strategy worked well for the major airlines playing their feeders off against each other with an abundance starry eyed young pilots willing to work for nothing.

Times have changed. If that plan was reintroduced in this scenario Wheels Up would have a major staffing issue. The one thing they are aggressively trying to avoid.
Quote: The chances of that happening are close to zero. Wheels Up recently renewed their 5 year contract with Gama. The major airlines use multiple regional carriers to supplement their lift and some they own out right.

Who knows what the future holds, but for now it’s safe to assume the status quo.
Excuse my ignorance on this question? But did they actually sign a 5 year or a 1 year contract? That kind of information is usually above my head and hard to pin down.
Quote: The chances of that happening are close to zero. Wheels Up recently renewed their 5 year contract with Gama. The major airlines use multiple regional carriers to supplement their lift and some they own out right.

In their communication with us they did not mention how long it was renewed for.
Quote: Excuse my ignorance on this question? But did they actually sign a 5 year or a 1 year contract? That kind of information is usually above my head and hard to pin down.
It was a 5 year contract that auto-renewed without discussion last summer. To me that says 5 yrs, but I don’t remember them specifying.
Quote: It was a 5 year contract that auto-renewed without discussion last summer. To me that says 5 yrs, but I don’t remember them specifying.
It is not a 5 year contract anymore.
How does one apply? What are the requirements for SIC?
Quote: It was a 5 year contract that auto-renewed without discussion last summer. To me that says 5 yrs, but I don’t remember them specifying.
That’s what our favorite WUP rep said during recurrent several months ago when I was there. Auto renewed with no time frame. He also scoffed at the hot rumor of WUP buying another operator like Fly Exclusive. I think he actually used the term “ridiculous” when talking about it. Sooo....
Quote: How does one apply? What are the requirements for SIC?
Gama website. C’mon. At least try a little bit.
18  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32 
Page 28 of 34
Go to