Atlas / Southern

Subscribe
17  67  107  113  114  115  116  117  118  119  120  121  127  167  217 
Page 117 of 326
Go to
Quote: So, new contract no later than May 15, 2021? Unless the arbitrator requests more time? It's not possible for the company to delay it even further?

It could definitely delay further than that. Fingers crossed that it doesn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: So, new contract no later than May 15, 2021? Unless the arbitrator requests more time? It's not possible for the company to delay it even further?
The new CBA will be finished sometime in the summer of 2021. Keep in mind that we are no longer negotiating to a conclusion of a CBA but are getting a CBA that is being concluded by an arbitrator. Arbitrators can rule any way they please to include the possibility of giving us pay cuts.

Reference the Alaska Airlines pilots CBA arbitrated in 2005:

https://atwonline.com/air-transport/...irlines-pilots
Quote: The seniority list will not delay the contract in any way. May 15th, 2020 starts the nine month clock of negotiations. Then, 30 days of arbitrating all outstanding CBA issues followed by 60 days for the arbitrator to rule. The only delay would be if the arbitrator requests more time for a ruling, which is common.
Thanks for the clarification!
So do you get 13 off indefinitely there or can you get other schedules the senior you get? Asking for a friend..
Quote: Now that is priceless and great advice, fell off my couch. If you expect less, you will be surprisingly encouraged with more. We definitely need more.

OK, quick question for fellow Greek Titans: FedEx seems to be capitalizing on the consumers using Belly Freight on Pax carriers. Their thread indicated their sales folks are corralling “7 year contracts” with these customers as the Pax carriers divest their International wide body fleets. This is not an argument if they will/won’t, it’s based on reliability and demand sustainment. Already realize we have some new charters (listening to Atlas News Radio) working the belly freight issue possibly, but are these long term contracts?
Yeah, the risk with my advice is low expectations set us up to accept low results.
Quote: So do you get 13 off indefinitely there or can you get other schedules the senior you get? Asking for a friend..
With a few exceptions the vast majority of the lines are built to 17 days.
Quote: With a few exceptions the vast majority of the lines are built to 17 days.
Also straight 17 days on the 737?
How does bidding work in general? Do you just get all the lines and list priorities?

Do they allow trip trades?

Lastly, I want to start studying something. How can one get ahold of memory items or training documents to read on? Is it risky to take a look at YouTube videos on systems?

COVID has me a bit bored...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Is there a way to tell by looking at a flight number which flights are passenger charters? Do they have a specific number range?
Quote: How does bidding work in general? Do you just get all the lines and list priorities?

Do they allow trip trades?

Lastly, I want to start studying something. How can one get ahold of memory items or training documents to read on? Is it risky to take a look at YouTube videos on systems?

COVID has me a bit bored...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We do line bidding. So, you may be given 100 lines to chose from, and you rank order your preferences.

Trip trading is "allowed" at the discretion of the company, which means that in reality we do not have trip trading.

What fleet are you being hired into? If it's the 777/767, start studying general knowledge stuff like ETOPS or NAT/oceanic contingency procedures. Oh, and learn how to use proper ICAO radio phraseology. Seriously.
17  67  107  113  114  115  116  117  118  119  120  121  127  167  217 
Page 117 of 326
Go to