Pilot shortage over?

Subscribe
2  3  4  5  6 
Page 6 of 6
Go to
Quote: It’s comical when some of you low time youngsters think the cycle we are in is a fraud because you’re too impatient or have some misguided sense of entitlement. Be patient, work hard and stop whining. Your time will come. The numbers don’t lie.
You might have just violated someone's safe space...
Skywest is hiring still and new hires are getting based all over the country. With our new pay pkg we are the highest paid now. I am very happy with my choice. I have been with Skywest for 10 mo and very happy. On the 175 new hires can get LGA if your from the NY area. CRJ DTW, ORD and DFW is where most FO are going.
Quote: It’s comical when some of you low time youngsters think the cycle we are in is a fraud because you’re too impatient or have some misguided sense of entitlement. Be patient, work hard and stop whining. Your time will come. The numbers don’t lie.
On the contrary, guys at the legacies seem to think the only pilots in the world are already at the majors or regionals. People they see at major airports.

In reality, tens of thousands are waiting in the wings. The .mil dumps about a thousand pilots a year into the market, maybe more. Tens of thousands of 135, Fractional and 91 guys. ACMI pilots, Ag pilots, Law enforcement. Pretty much all of them will work at the legacies if they can get the call.

I went to a 141 aviation university in 2009. My freshman class had 60 aviation students in it. The 2017 freshman class had 435. Most of them already have ratings and will be qualified to fly your dorkbus in less than 5 years.

Airlines were able to fill classes at 18-24k a year. 60K is creating an avalanche of wannabe 'airline pilots'.
Quote: Skywest is hiring still and new hires are getting based all over the country. With our new pay pkg we are the highest paid now. I am very happy with my choice. I have been with Skywest for 10 mo and very happy. On the 175 new hires can get LGA if your from the NY area. CRJ DTW, ORD and DFW is where most FO are going.
This is good news. LGA for me.
Quote: On the contrary, guys at the legacies seem to think the only pilots in the world are already at the majors or regionals. People they see at major airports.

In reality, tens of thousands are waiting in the wings. The .mil dumps about a thousand pilots a year into the market, maybe more. Tens of thousands of 135, Fractional and 91 guys. ACMI pilots, Ag pilots, Law enforcement. Pretty much all of them will work at the legacies if they can get the call.

I went to a 141 aviation university in 2009. My freshman class had 60 aviation students in it. The 2017 freshman class had 435. Most of them already have ratings and will be qualified to fly your dorkbus in less than 5 years.

Airlines were able to fill classes at 18-24k a year. 60K is creating an avalanche of wannabe 'airline pilots'.
Yeah, because none of us at the Legacies and LCCs flew checks, charter, labs, or in the military before we got our jobs here. 🤦🏻*♂️
2  3  4  5  6 
Page 6 of 6
Go to