Feb line awards

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 11
Go to
Good Lord, the amount of complaining by A’s (on the FB group specifically) about the bids not being posted 2/3 days early is crazy. I thought Millennials were supposed to have the ‘entitled’ attitude.
Quote: Good Lord, the amount of complaining by A’s (on the FB group specifically) about the bids not being posted 2/3 days early is crazy. I thought Millennials were supposed to have the ‘entitled’ attitude.
All about what you're used to I guess. What's normal turns into an expectation.
I was involved in the union auditing job at my last airline. I watched the computer publish the bids for 1700+ and it took on average 22 minutes for the program to spit out be resukts (FLICA, not our MSDOS software that Delta probably uses). The results published to the group within one hour of bids closing.

One other point, the guy who started this thread asked a question. Then gets chastised. Valid question since this is not normal to not have A’s awarded by pay day. He may not have known that there were illegal rotations in ATL.

“What are you willing to trade for that?” This is a question that needs to stop being asked at every single turn. It’s a weak approach to negotiating, especially on small ticket items.
A’s are out
Quote: A’s are out
Edited- (some) A’s are out...
Quote: All about what you're used to I guess. What's normal turns into an expectation.
Expect all you want, but the deadline is still a deadline. To get angry at the PBS guys and expect the company guys to work over the weekend is a bit much imho.

Quote: I was involved in the union auditing job at my last airline. I watched the computer publish the bids for 1700+ and it took on average 22 minutes for the program to spit out be resukts (FLICA, not our MSDOS software that Delta probably uses). The results published to the group within one hour of bids closing.
Line of time or PBS? Also, how many different bid categories did your last job have? I'm not saying it can't be sped up, I'm sure it could if we got some more contractual language. I guess I don't think 6 days is unreasonable...especially when 2 of those days are weekends. The reality is that more often than not it's only about 3-4 days.

Quote: One other point, the guy who started this thread asked a question. Then gets chastised. Valid question since this is not normal to not have A’s awarded by pay day. He may not have known that there were illegal rotations in ATL.
I'm guess the problem was the delivery of the question...statement?
The timeline doesn’t bother me much but knowing that the computer is capable of spitting it out within an hour (or a few hours, at worst) but they take 5 days is the troubling thing. It leads me to believe they are running the awards, modifying and tweaking, then running again. How often are the resulting bids better for me and how often are they better for the company?

The few times I got a glimpse of my schedule and then it changed, it was never better after the change.
I'm pretty used to every response here being a combative one. I'd say most people who come on this forum, do so either to lurk and learn, or because they're mad at something. Being chastised by people stating obvious things are, like line awards, a simple expectation.
Quote: The timeline doesn’t bother me much but knowing that the computer is capable of spitting it out within an hour (or a few hours, at worst) but they take 5 days is the troubling thing. It leads me to believe they are running the awards, modifying and tweaking, then running again. How often are the resulting bids better for me and how often are they better for the company?

The few times I got a glimpse of my schedule and then it changed, it was never better after the change.
Combinatorial problem solving leads to many possible outcomes. Why wouldn’t (or shouldn’t) the company seek to choose the outcome that best meets the goals of the company? Why assume that the first run is the ideally-optimized solution?
A’s are out.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 11
Go to