Do you recommend Skywest?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 10
Go to
No complaints. Come in with the right attitude and you’ll enjoy it.
I really appreciated this.
Quote: I really appreciated this.
It's medicinal.
Quote: I left another 121 carrier after about two years there to come here, and it was a great move for me.
SkyWest is a good airline to come to and get the hours up while sitting out the upcoming economic downturn. 5-7 years isn’t too long to get stuck at this place
Quote: SkyWest is a good airline to come to and get the hours up while sitting out the upcoming economic downturn. 5-7 years isn’t too long to get stuck at this place
And to be honest, if I get "stuck" at a regional 121 carrier, this is the one I want to be at.

If someone told me I had no choice but to spend my entire airline carrier at my previous carrier, I would strongly consider a career change haha.
This place is puppies, rainbows, and unicorns farting glitter!

I'd work for free if they would let me!

I'm just damn lucky they let me mow chip's lawn in the summer!
Quote: This place is puppies, rainbows, and unicorns farting glitter!

I'd work for free if they would let me!

I'm just damn lucky they let me mow chip's lawn in the summer!
Why are you still working at OO?
Quote: Why are you still working at OO?
Why are you still trolling from Mommy’s basement?
Quote: UA just found a huge “scope loophole”.....
What “scope loophole”?

It is a 50 seater. The legacies are all scopes out yet on large RJs and the remaining 50 seat scope is due to some not being able to deliver .... air whiskey, xjt.

But eventually this turns into a left pocket right pocket game with the regionals (other than AS which has no scope protection).

Bottom line, there are no loop holes. But that doesn’t mean that OO cannot capture flying from regionals that cannot do it. Mesa just got scolded by AA to get their sh.. together.

TFAYD
Quote: Hey all, I will have my mins soon and will be applying at regional airlines, and Skywest is one of my favs. I’m just wondering what you guys think about working for this company? Pros and cons? I’ll probably move to wherever I get based, and I’m curious of the QOL. Also considering Republic and Endeavor, but I’m concerned about those 2 because I’d be getting in on the back end of a hiring binge and I am guessing I would be on reserve for a super long time. Thanks for any advice!
One piece of advice about SkyWest I can offer is that in real life, it isn't really at all like what it appears to be here on APC. Here on APC, people with positive attitudes about SKW are viewed as "KoolAid drinkers" and such, but in real life those positive, upbeat folks are exactly who you want to be (and would be) flying with. I've flown with only one really negative individual, and it became pretty clear that he'd be unhappy no matter where he was. I wonder if he is on APC sometimes, and what his alias might be...
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 10
Go to