SkyWest ?’s

Subscribe
37  77  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  97  137  187 
Page 87 of 518
Go to
Some of it is kinda neat but I’ve noticed generally everyone with a username of “pilot” before their name on Instagram/YouTube seems to absolutely crave attention, the ones with the never ending inspirational quotes are even worse...purely in my opinion.

I think I read PSA had one of their guys fired recently for social media posts inside the airport while on duty, not even on an airplane.
Quote: Some of it is kinda neat but I’ve noticed generally everyone with a username of “pilot” before their name on Instagram/YouTube seems to absolutely crave attention, the ones with the never ending inspirational quotes are even worse...purely in my opinion.

I think I read PSA had one of their guys fired recently for social media posts inside the airport while on duty, not even on an airplane.

God those accounts are so annoying. I imagine it’s hard to not let it go to your head when you post a picture of your coffee and get 300+ comments from aspiring pilots and avgeeks fawning over you.
Quote: Are pilots actually posting videos of themselves flying? Because that's definitely not allowed. Use of portable electronic devices during flight/aircraft movement are prohibited in the FOM.

The company has done up some cheesy top gun stuff for promotion though.
Yes, there is an skywest pilot with a youtube channel using her electronic device while flying and posting vlogs in the flight deck on duty. I thought to myself, that is the last person I'd want to fly with. It seems like being a YouTube star seems more important than their day job for some people.
Quote: Yes, there is an skywest pilot with a youtube channel using her electronic device while flying and posting vlogs in the flight deck on duty. I thought to myself, that is the last person I'd want to fly with. It seems like being a YouTube star seems more important than their day job for some people.
be normal. Post a link.
Quote: be normal. Post a link.
YT search airline pilot life, took me about 30 seconds to find her. I don’t think I can stomach watching anything there.
Quote: be normal. Post a link.
https://www.youtube.com/c/RachelDutch
Quote: post a link
An important link to note
a willful violation of a FAR is not ASAP protected, and any captain who allows it would also be in violation
Quote: https://www.youtube.com/c/RachelDutch
She doesn’t post any in flight stuff. It’s all about her look and her workout routine.
Quote: She doesn’t post any in flight stuff. It’s all about her look and her workout routine.
still pretty cringe
Yeah I can’t see anything the FAA would take much issue with. Not sure if the company would be as happy about doing some of it on their time. Unless they have some sort of agreement.

Certainly is cringe worthy though.
37  77  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  97  137  187 
Page 87 of 518
Go to