Reserve and Junior Pilot Info

Subscribe
3  9  10  11  12  13  14 
Page 13 of 14
Go to
Quote: What is MiniDot ?
There used to be Monthly Open Time, for line holders to swap around trips all based on seniority. Then the relief lines are built from the leftovers, usually containing some good trips. Then the Daily Open Time opens late in the month.

Now, after line holders get their award, there's the seniority based MOT, then a 48 hour (I believe) Daily Open Time window (Mini DOT) opens where its first come first serve. Then, the relief lines are built, probably containing less desirable trips than with the previous way we bid. This is the first month with this Mini Daily Open Time so we will see. Then, like in the past, the Daily Open Time opens later in the month after people are awarded relief lines.

At least this is how I'm understanding it to be.
Quote: There used to be Monthly Open Time, for line holders to swap around trips all based on seniority. Then the relief lines are built from the leftovers, usually containing some good trips. Then the Daily Open Time opens late in the month.

Now, after line holders get their award, there's the seniority based MOT, then a 48 hour (I believe) Daily Open Time window (Mini DOT) opens where its first come first serve. Then, the relief lines are built, probably containing less desirable trips than with the previous way we bid. This is the first month with this Mini Daily Open Time so we will see. Then, like in the past, the Daily Open Time opens later in the month after people are awarded relief lines.

At least this is how I'm understanding it to be.
Close. First is MOT drop along with most other drops (training/vac), these are usually the quality trips. Then MOT seniority based then mini which is live. Then daily, also live. Relief lines are built after mini so I would expect fewer of these with mini now available. The good news is long term there should also be fewer reserves % wise.
Quote: How long are new hire guys spending on reserve right now in each base until they get a line? Thanks
Don’t know if anyone responded...if you’re top of your new hire class in seniority, and you get based in PHL, you will have a line immediately.
Quote: Don’t know if anyone responded...if you’re top of your new hire class in seniority, and you get based in PHL, you will have a line immediately.
Last few bids yes, or 1 month of reserve and then a line, but I expect that to change when they get Phl to the size they want. Probably still the best bet for shortest reserve for now. Who knows once they open the next base.
Quote: Last few bids yes, or 1 month of reserve and then a line, but I expect that to change when they get Phl to the size they want. Probably still the best bet for shortest reserve for now. Who knows once they open the next base.
Can anyone chime in on how long reserve is in Denver?
Quote: Can anyone chime in on how long reserve is in Denver?
Jr line holder in DEN is 4/18 hire
Quote: Don’t know if anyone responded...if you’re top of your new hire class in seniority, and you get based in PHL, you will have a line immediately.
The last vacancy is adding zero FO’s to Philly. I would assume that means Philly is the size it’s going to be for a while. So I doubt your statement is true any more.
Quote: The last vacancy is adding zero FO’s to Philly. I would assume that means Philly is the size it’s going to be for a while. So I doubt your statement is true any more.
Yep, time to open another 5 domiciles, reinventing the wheel, that’s what we do here at frontier.

If we can just get to 10 domiciles of 100 crews or less then we can finally surpass the illusive barrier of having more people on reserve than we do lineholders.
Quote: Oh... My.... God....

HATS!!!

That’s it... I’m out here. If I wanted to look like a pilot, I’d dress up as one for Halloween.

What’s next... Wings on our shirts!?

Wait....... 🙄

My thoughts exactly! 😂
Quote: It’s interesting to me that all the LCCs are staying away from west coast bases. Don’t understand why
I asked this question when I interviewed. They said the average ticket price is cheaper on the west coast compared to the east coast. 🤷*♂️
3  9  10  11  12  13  14 
Page 13 of 14
Go to