PSA Classes

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to
Quote: I wish I only flew 20 hours a month of reserve. I've flown 40-50 hours every month on reserve since OE in sept. CA reserve is abusive in CLT. At 25 hours this month already with a few cancellations.
You’re the first I’ve heard flying that much. Makes sense since most of our flying is out of CLT though. I think we’re also fatter on FOs than captains at the moment.
Quote: I wish I only flew 20 hours a month of reserve. I've flown 40-50 hours every month on reserve since OE in sept. CA reserve is abusive in CLT. At 25 hours this month already with a few cancellations.
Go to ORF! I’ve flown 3 hours last month and 9 the month before and 7 the month prior currently sitting at 0 this month.
Quote: You’re the first I’ve heard flying that much. Makes sense since most of our flying is out of CLT though. I think we’re also fatter on FOs than captains at the moment.
A lot of the FO's are saying they don't fly a lot. But I get used and abused frequently
Quote: Go to ORF! I’ve flown 3 hours last month and 9 the month before and 7 the month prior currently sitting at 0 this month.
I used to be in ORF...i'd rather not go back. Wish they'd just close it.
Quote: A lot of the FO's are saying they don't fly a lot. But I get used and abused frequently
as a reserve captain... don’t you want maximum time? Turbine pic is the only thing you can get, the more the better
Quote: as a reserve captain... don’t you want maximum time? Turbine pic is the only thing you can get, the more the better
sure...but 40-50 hours of block every month..used every single day either for hot reserve or the classic carolina turn. Never breaking guarantee. Efficiency at its finest.
Quote: I used to be in ORF...i'd rather not go back. Wish they'd just close it.
I’ll second that! What a waste. I think we do like 6 departures a day now....
Quote: as a reserve captain... don’t you want maximum time? Turbine pic is the only thing you can get, the more the better

no not really the “1000 TPIC” hasn’t gotten many of us a call. I am sitting at over 3000 TPIC and just got a call from UPS. And I have no failed check rides no black marks no speeding tickets. It cracks me up when the young guys are like I need a 1000 TPIC! It doesn’t magically get you hired. There are so many guys out there with 7000 TT and 3000-5000 PIC that haven’t been called yet. I think this is changing fast but not there yet! But hey fly your heart out so I don’t have to!
Quote: no not really the “1000 TPIC” hasn’t gotten many of us a call. I am sitting at over 3000 TPIC and just got a call from UPS. And I have no failed check rides no black marks no speeding tickets. It cracks me up when the young guys are like I need a 1000 TPIC! It doesn’t magically get you hired. There are so many guys out there with 7000 TT and 3000-5000 PIC that haven’t been called yet. I think this is changing fast but not there yet! But hey fly your heart out so I don’t have to!
Yeah but those guys that aren’t getting calls usually aren’t volunteering for anything, networking or even trying. Most guys I talk to here don’t even update their apps if they even have them out there.
Quote: I’ll second that! What a waste. I think we do like 6 departures a day now....
11 a day. Which is actually more than TYS does. Also ORF was opened at the request of mainline, as a MX location for all the DCA and PHL aircraft. So ORF is here for the foreseeable future. Better chance of DAY or TYS closing.
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to