Southern Air

Subscribe
29  69  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  83 
Page 79 of 84
Go to
What's the fleet situation nowadays at Southern? a few more 777 coming in and 737 leaving? I just found an article about some 20 NGs Amazon wanted you guys to fly. Is that still the plan?
Quote: What's the fleet situation nowadays at Southern? a few more 777 coming in and 737 leaving? I just found an article about some 20 NGs Amazon wanted you guys to fly. Is that still the plan?
Consistently adding 777 aircraft as staffing allows, the 737 will see an increase overall, even if we eventually get rid of the 400 (which has been delayed.)
Quote: What's the fleet situation nowadays at Southern? a few more 777 coming in and 737 leaving? I just found an article about some 20 NGs Amazon wanted you guys to fly. Is that still the plan?
There were to be 20 737-800s going to Southern for Amazon. The first 5 went there. Implementation wasn't optimal. Amazon decided to send the next 10 to Sun Country. The first one for Sunny just arrived stateside, but won't be operated by them for a while yet. The next five after Sunny's 10 is gonna depend on performance, so that is anyone's guess. Right now, DHL is swamped with Pacific business and has added flights, so Southern is doing what it can take on the 777. How long that extra work continues is anyone's guess.

Tidbit: Amazon is also swamped. The 737s are sometimes seeing cargo weights these days much higher than they have typically seen, even in Peak, for a number of reasons.
Can someone shed some light on the cost of health benefits at southern? coverage? Average income for the first year? I know it depends on the state you live when it comes to taxes and stuff but just the overall picture would suffice. Thank you in advance!
Quote: Can someone shed some light on the cost of health benefits at southern? coverage? Average income for the first year? I know it depends on the state you live when it comes to taxes and stuff but just the overall picture would suffice. Thank you in advance!
The insurance is Cigna, it’s very good. I pay $215 a month as a single person. I’d plan for 60k first year, I beat that by quite a bit but there was no wait for OE back then.
What is a typical schedule for the 737? Thanks
Quote: What is a typical schedule for the 737? Thanks

17 days. Commute in on day off before. Day night swaps - hub turns. All the domestic bliss you can handle. Lincoln Nebraska, Des Monies, and maybe some St. Louis for good Measure.
No more 400 for new hires, just 800. No hub turns either. Not saying schedule won't change an go back to that but 800 flying looks really good with mostly 1 leg day, and rarely 2.
Again, that all may change. PDX, IAH, TPA, RFD, PHX, SAT and somewhere in Connecticut I forgot.
Thanks! Any idea what the training schedule is like for the 737? I start soon and have gotten almost 0 information from HR.

how long is ground school? How long are sims? Any breaks in between?
Quote: Thanks! Any idea what the training schedule is like for the 737? I start soon and have gotten almost 0 information from HR.

how long is ground school? How long are sims? Any breaks in between?
If the training footprint is like the Atlas side of the house, expect to be in Miami between 2 - 2.5 months.
29  69  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  83 
Page 79 of 84
Go to