Joining Mesa with >1200 Part 121?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to
Quote: Should be 1000 121 time for regs. Company might have their own req.
That's what I thought, but every carrier is different.

I think some base upgrades strictly on seniority, regardless if you meet the FAA minimums to upgrade to CA. I'm avoiding those carriers, like ExpressJet.
Mesa 175's have all the bells and whistles? Or was Mesa cheap? Also, how many 175's does Mesa have?
Quote: Mesa 175's have all the bells and whistles? Or was Mesa cheap? Also, how many 175's does Mesa have?
According to their profile on APC:

EMB175: 60
Quote: Mesa 175's have all the bells and whistles? Or was Mesa cheap? Also, how many 175's does Mesa have?
We have auto brakes, but no D-ATIS, PDC, ACARS in range, or EFB power outlets. In a nutshell they are almost as cheap as can get. Mesa supposedly even asked EMB to leave 1 FMS out, but EMB basically laughed.
Quote: 1500 hrs of what? TT? FO? Part 121?

I've got >4700 TT, >1200 SIC jet Part 121.
I made a mistake..meant to say 1000 and since you have the time you’ll be eligible for upgrade as soon as you finish IOE. Now being eligible and ready for upgrade are two different things.
Quote: We have auto brakes, but no D-ATIS, PDC, ACARS in range, or EFB power outlets. In a nutshell they are almost as cheap as can get. Mesa supposedly even asked EMB to leave 1 FMS out, but EMB basically laughed.
So they're basically an F-150 XLT and not a Lariat. lol
Quote: I made a mistake..meant to say 1000 and since you have the time you’ll be eligible for upgrade as soon as you finish IOE. Now being eligible and ready for upgrade are two different things.
Yeah, I agree.

18 years of dust takes a while to shake off.
Quote: So they're basically an F-150 XLT and not a Lariat. lol
No, they’re more of an XL without power windows or air conditioning.
Quote: No, they’re more of an XL without power windows or air conditioning.
Quote: Yeah, I agree.

18 years of dust takes a while to shake off.
Not really. I was out for 16 years and did it in a sub standard program.
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to